"How much should I tip?" is a common question here, and opinions vary (a lot). In the latest Stickman Weekly the price a woman is discussed in relation to the latest "big thing" - an online App to find hookers called Smooci. Those who like paying a lot (my guess - to punish themselves for being gay, or old, or ugly, or sad and lonely perhaps) will be horrified at the relatively low prices. They confirm my view - that 1500 baht is "top dollar" for a guy these days, and has been for quite a while. That doesn't stop guys from asking more
Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
Is there a sex tourism industry in Europe? You bet there is! The real hardcore naughty boys know that there is fun to be had outside Asia, in fact many have turned their back on Asia. And it is the home of the world’s finest cars and some of the finest beer where many naughty boys head, to Germany’s FKK clubs. Where do you think all of those randy Germans who used to flock to Thailand go now? They have their fun at home.

Smooci is launching in Europe shortly, and no prizes for guessing that open-minded and liberal Berlin is where Smooci will make its first foray in to Europe. Will Smooci work in Europe? The pay for play industry in Europe and South-East Asia may be different but my sense is that with Smooci it’s all about the platform – and the Smooci platform has been tried, tested and passed with flying colours.

Back in Bangkok, Smooci has driven down prices, especially for agency girls who have gone from asking for 5,000 – 6,000 baht, to 3,000 – 4,000 baht – for 2 hours and what is commonly referred to in the industry as 2 shots. Prices have dropped and a quick search shows ladies available at 2,700 baht for 2 hours and almost 1/3 of the ladies online, 26 out of 84, were available for 3,000 baht or less. Smooci is forcing prices down.
It's also another reason why bars are forced to close (economic principle here - disintermediation, or more simply "cutting out the middle man")