Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Money in bars

Liked

Re: Money in bars

I have no proof, that is why it's a belief and not a scientific fact. As for our old chum Argosy, well.......most curious.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (October 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ...The Forum software is supposedly deliberately designed ... to identify such duplicates and ban them - or at least that's what you and scotty agreed recently when your other handle "argosy" or whatever it was got banned
    Everybody knows who "Argosy" was, but it really doesn't matter what the forum software flags up when the Great Controller who makes the decisions just suits himself anyway (and makes no bones about it).

If "Argosy" was banned as a hydra, then the perpetrator's original ID ought to be extinguished too - that's what the "rules" say, but just like the software, the rules are subject to the whim of the Great Controller

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Everybody knows who "Argosy" was,
    ... and 90% of them are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    If "Argosy" was banned as a hydra, then the perpetrator's original ID ought to be extinguished too - that's what the "rules" say, but just like the software, the rules are subject to the whim of the Great Controller
    Did you check all 1500+ members before to make your false conclusion?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

“There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.”

Mr Donald Rumsfeld.

Most apposite in this instance.

Liked

In the smartphone age, the bar culture is changing, and the gay scene seems to be in the vanguard of that change.

It doesn't mean the end of bars, but the business model needs to adapt.

Bars now need to focus on being primarily physical meeting places for people who have already met online, and to get boys to volunteer a bar as an RV point, a bar will have to run a commission system for the boys, so they get a percentage of the customer's bin.

The seating in the bars needs to be more convivial for a meet and chat, rather than a viewing platform for a stage show. They will also need ST rooms or easy access to them. The bars will need to write off most of the revenue they currently get from bar fines, so drinks prices will rise. Whether the boys will continue to get a kickback on each drink that's bought for them is debatable - a percentage kickback on the whole tab will be easier to administer.

Liked

I disagree with you Old Git. I personally don't think most of the bars need to change or even that they can. I think the main change needs to come from the landlords who at some point will have to accept that the rent they want is completely out of kilter with what a business operating in that premesis can afford.

Halve the rents in Sunee and Boyztown and see the places re-open very quickly.

Liked

Old Git - I suspect the main reasons that the Apps are winning over the bars is that a) many boys would rather sit at home and get hook-ups via an App than parade about in their knickers on a stage, and b) many "punters" don't want to pay the fees and drinks prices in the bars.

So I really don't see how your "model" of bars being a rendezvous point for hook-ups pre-arranged via Apps can work, as many of the boys on the Apps still won't want to be in the bars even with their clothes on. The punter's side of the equation would see (as you concede) bar drinks prices rising which would make the App-using cheap Charlie punters (or those who just don't like bars) even less likely to meet there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ... and 90% of them are wrong Did you check all 1500+ members before to make your false conclusion?
    I don't know which conclusion" you're referring to.

I've drawn 4 conclusions:

1. The identity of "Argosy"
    2. That "Argosy" was banned as a hydra
    3. That (if that's the case) the originator's "main" ID ought to have been banned too (as the Rules dictate)
    4. That you and only you decide who to ban

Which of those "conclusions" are wrong and why do you recommend I check or consult with +1500 people before expressing an opinion.

I don't recall you ever holding a ballot before giving us the 'benefit' of your opinions, nor should you have to.

Now, if you're saying that the "Argosy" ID was not owned by the person "90%" of people think it was, and if you are also saying that the "real" offender (rather than the one which "90%" assume it was) has been dealt with and both his hydra and his original ID banned - then why don't you just tell us who it was? Why the secrecy? It is a power thing?

Incidentally, the software may well indicate +1500 members but we all know there are no more than 20 active (i.e. regularly contributing) in the fourm - and that's probably being generous

Liked

I liked Argosy. I miss him.

Liked

" So I really don't see how your "model" of bars being a rendezvous point for hook-ups pre-arranged via Apps can work "

If the boys are getting perhaps 20% of the clients bar bin as a kickback, they won't want to meet on a park bench or restaurant - and they will want him to spend heavily in the bar..