Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Money in bars

Banned
    Liked

Money in bars

There've been a few posts recently about the decline of the bar trade, so I thought it apposite to extract and post this from a recent Stickman column (yes, he's back) about non-gay bar economics. I'd think the same is true for male-for-male bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    Just another indicator that the bar industry is not humming are the meagre salaries paid to foreign bar managers these days. Once upon a time the position of bar manager in a gogo bar was a well-paid job with a salary that gave you a decent lifestyle. By comparison, bar bosses used to earn considerably more than your average Bangkok English teacher – but I doubt that’s the case these days. 10+ years ago I’d say the average monthly salary for a foreign bar manager was around 70,000 baht a month – with many perks like free drinks (which it ought to be noted is not just free drinks in the bar they manage but usually means free drinks in many other bars too, from other bars owned by the same boss to bars where they are friendly with the owner / manager). For those who enjoy a drink, 10 years ago a monthly package of 70,000 baht per month and what was effectively unlimited free drinks was a tidy package. For some time, one bar manager was on a salary that included a decent rate and a small percentage of the bar’s monthly turnover which meant he earned over 100,000 baht a month and some months earned up to 130,000 baht – and this was way back in 2004, 2005 and 2006 when that went a whole lot further in Bangkok. He lived in a 200+ square metre apartment downtown, ate Western food most nights and frequently took trips back home. Not a bad gig. Compare that with a foreigner currently managing a big name Bangkok gogo bar who earns a paltry 40,000 baht a month. And on top of managing the bar he is also responsible for all of the online marketing. There just isn’t the same money in the bar industry these days.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Money in bars

really 100k bht...thats like EUR 2000....I wouldnt even conteplate gettingb oiut of bed for that...

Liked

Don’t be silly LatintopXXX - think how many flights on China Southern (your airline of choice) you could buy with €2000

Liked

more to the point at the rate LatintopXXX "tips", for that money it wouldn't be him struggling to get out of the bed but an endless succession of exhausted playthings!

bkkguy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

excuse me...Im the one doing all the work...ok I'll admit there is the one or two position where the bottom has to actually exert himself (me on my back, bottom sits on my ginormous engorged member and bobs up and down while I pretend to ignore him)...but in most cases Im the one doing all the hard physical work...
    But back to topic...what self respecting farang would up sticks, shift to Thailand...for EUR2000/month?!

Liked

Our beloved Delphic Oracle would and did. You might need to lose the self respecting bit.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Our beloved Delphic Oracle would and did. You might need to lose the self respecting bit.
    Your understanding of the Delphic Oracle is clearly as facile as your understanding of Thailand

Liked

My understanding is that my understanding of everything is facile and it's futile to refute.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..too many big words for my little brain...gives me big headache...thing I need nap and 2 kamagra...

Liked

That actual thing which gives you a headache is your never-ending use of the triple (or more, which is very annoying) ellipse which you employ once you have written 5 or 6 words. It gives the folks here headaches also.

What's with you guys anyway? Frequency struts around with a dozen dildos up his ass, and you have been going ellipse-crazed for years.

Examples:

excuse me...Im the one doing all the work...ok I'll admit ...

really 100k bht...thats like EUR 2000....I wouldnt even conteplate gettingb oiut of bed for that...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand