Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British Embassy to STOP issuing income certifications

Liked

Re: British Embassy to STOP issuing income certifications

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Always good to see the British announcing things on behalf of their colonies
    If it was still a colony we certainly wouldn't have put Trump in charge. I know leading uk politicians are barking but there are limits.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Now you are just making things up, when teenager I was huge fan of Alexander Dumas,
    there was no mention of Monsieur beng gay neither in "20 Years After", nor in "10 Years After" trilogy.

And you can forget all about my hot water machine, did I mention that? I hereby rescind my offer!
    Try reading history books or even Wikipedia

Liked

Sorry to drag this back to it's original title.
    I read somewhere on Thaivisa that an official petition has been started - 5 signatures so far.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Sorry to drag this back to it's original title.
    I read somewhere on Thaivisa that an official petition has been started - 5 signatures so far.
    That'll get them quaking in their boots in Whitehall

5. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    This will have huge effect on Americans then, too.
    Received today - October 12:

Subject: "Income Letter" from Embassy
    To: Pat Koester < pxkoester@earthlink.net >

Pat Koester
    Citizen Liaison Volunteer
    US Embassy Bangkok

Greetings:

You have probably heard that the British Embassy in Bangkok has decided to stop issuing “Income Letters” for retirement visas.

If you follow the Thaivisa.com website, you also know that the British Embassy has allegedly said that the US Embassy has also decided to stop issuing these letters. Turns out that this is not quite the case.

I contacted the US Embassy, and received this response from an Embassy spokesperson: “We are aware of the U.K. Embassy’s statement to the press. The U.S. Embassy’s current income affidavit policies can be found on our website: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...taries-public/. We are currently evaluating options regarding the future provision of this document. We urge all citizens to ensure they are in compliance with Thai visa requirements.”

To me, the most important part of this statement is the fact that our Embassy is still “evaluating options.” They have also asked for our input; I think this is very encouraging. So if you would like to comment – and especially if you have any solutions – please let me know, and I will forward everyone’s comments to the Embassy. If you prefer to remain anonymous, I will not use your name (as long as you keep it civil).

If you prefer, you can send your input directly to the US Embassy at acsbkk@state.gov.

I will be at the Pattaya City Expats Club meeting this Sunday if you would like to discuss this further.

Please feel free to forward this email to other American citizens, and give them my email address. It’s very important that we get the word to as many US citizens as possible very quickly!

Thanks,

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    We are currently evaluating options regarding the future provision of this document. We urge all citizens to ensure they are in compliance with Thai visa requirements.”

To me, the most important part of this statement is the fact that our Embassy is still “evaluating options.” They have also asked for our input; I think this is very encouraging.
    I wouldn’t interpret “evaluating options” as encouraging at all. Quite the opposite; this just means that, as usual, Uncle Sam hasn’t got a clue about new Thai visa requirements and has been caught napping. They will inevitably just follow the lead set by the British once they finally get their ass in gear and conclude their “evaluation”.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    I wouldn’t interpret “evaluating options” as encouraging at all. Quite the opposite; this just means that, as usual, Uncle Sam hasn’t got a clue about new Thai visa requirements and has been caught napping. They will inevitably just follow the lead set by the British once they finally get their ass in gear and conclude their “evaluation”.
    I thought it was typical officialese - a polite way of saying "Fuck off and leave us alone"

Liked

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic..._campaign=news
    a copy of the petition is included in the attachment

A petition has been started that aims to persuade the UK government to abandon plans to stop issuing proof of income letters to pensioners and other applicants.

The move was announced by poster "richiejom" on Thaivisa who said that the petition received 12 signatures in its first hour.

Other posters in the thread called for people to sign up.

Some British people in Thailand feel that their consular services are being degraded and they feel abandoned.

This comes despite claims made last year by the British ambassador who promised "top notch consular services"
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Here is a video on this subject from the British Embassy...FYI

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395...5289230128267/
    Tj