Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee when it was Sunee

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Sunee when it was Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Do you guys remember Crazy Pub at Sunee? That place is still the wackiest bar I ever been to, it was so much fun. Total anarchy inside, guys jerking off randomly, that place was like no other bar at Sunee, or anywhere else. A total zoo!
    Does anybody know who owned it, and why it closed?
    Actually the bar you are speaking of was Krazy Dragon the adjacent open air bar was Crazy Pub both originally owned by a german named Peter (RIP), Krazy Dragon was problematic with the authorites and Peter took on Mark and John who were the owners of Sammy's which is now Eros. When Mark and John come on board the club was toned down and became a table top gogo and was less than spectacular and coinsided with the large decline of Sunee hence it was no more.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

To my memory Crazy Pub was a completely different bar from Krazy Dragon - which came along years after Crazy Pub had closed

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 8th, 2018), DoubleDutch (October 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    No, Crazy Pub has been closed far longer that 10 years - I was in it only once and the next time I made an attempt to visit it had closed, so it might be more like 15 years ago.
    Yep, I first visited Crazy Pub in 2003, and it was gone within couple of years.
    Like Oliver2 said, that was the time Sunee took a dive, slowly at first, but Crazy Pub gone, area was never the same again.
    Maybe closest to other major attraction at Sunee was Crazy Dragon, not same thing at all, but still a stand out spot, people visited Sunee because of it.
    Today, with no major attraction, there is little reason to go. Should Nice Boys and Winner fold, Sunee can put the lights out. Even Good Boys, with very attractive straight guys and very low prices, dead night after night.
    Every area needs one major draw, or have a high number of bars that put the place on a map.
    One thing you notice at Sunee, the only people sitting in bars are veterans, but no tourists. Boyztown always has younger Russians singing along to Alla Pugatcheva at high season, never at Sunee.
    Just walking by Sunee last night bars have almost no customers, Sky had 3 people, 2 of them hosts, it seemed. How these bars manage to come with rent every month is puzzling,
    owners must be paying out of their pocket, or landlord has lowered rents to near zero.
    Pity, because Boyztown has become a disneyland, and needs competition badly, Jomtien Complex is not it.

5. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (October 8th, 2018)

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Actually the bar you are speaking of was Krazy Dragon the adjacent open air bar was Crazy Pub both originally owned by a german named Peter (RIP), Krazy Dragon was problematic with the authorites and ...
    no no, MFAS, I meant Crazy Pub.
    Crazy Dragon was a different place, Crazy Dragon remained open long after Crazy Pub closed.
    I did not know German guy from Crazy Dragon also ran Crazy Pub, but of course it makes sense, both places were very cool, unusual, nothing like that has been tried in Bangkok or Pattaya since.
    Peter must have been a very smart, and brave man to get away with this quite insane concept successfully.
    MFAS, did you know Peter the German guy personally? What was he like?

8. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (October 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Thank you link to that thread, interesting read! There's a poster in this thread, Mark, was he the guy who ran Crazy Dragon after Peter had died?

Liked

I believe it was Mark and John......and yes I knew Peter as well as one could know him.
    Krazy Dragon continued to change hands a couple of times after but to no avail.

Liked

Manforallseasons, Thanks for the video. Does bring up all kinds of feelings. One of the things about Sunee is that during this time of the video there were three or four nice small hotels nearby. That helped keep Sunee busy at nights!

Liked

You shouldn't confuse Crazy Gogo Bar with Crazy Dragon. Crazy was long before Dragon. The first time I went it was hard to find as I believe there were no other entertainment places on that soi. From Soi VC, you would peer down a very dark lane and hopefully see a small neon sign. I could be mistaken but I think it was located in what became Kaos Bar and now Sky Bar. It was always crowded and had many very attractive, active boys. They had great shows from body paint, soap show to full on fucking. And it wasn't some old queen being fucked but very attractive, young boys who, after performing on stage would wonder through the crowd joined at the hip and let the customers closely examine that all was true...hopefully for a 20 bhat tip. I remember a cute boy come on stage with a colorful piece of wool protruding from his cute bum. After a little dance he would have a patron hold the end of the string while he wandered around the stage poles and building posts marking the trail with an impossible length of wool. Then there was the boy who tied a length of string to a pole and as he slowly, gingerly walked across the stage, razor blades, tied to the string would pop from his ass. Always I wanted to look away but couldn't. A trip to the washroom was another experience that would require a whole new thread. Crazy would rate it my top 3 gay bars in Thailand.
    Well, that little trip down memory lane brought up something that I must go and take care of.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (October 23rd, 2018), Up2U (October 12th, 2018)

Liked

I believe they are one and the same perhaps Crazy morphed into Krazy Dragon.....my first memory was no stage more like a ring of sorts circled by small tables customers would put money in a round bin and pound it on the table for boys to wank.....I also remember a hideous creature pulling razor blades out of his ass....I made a mistake my first visit because I wore sandals and it kept cumming in my direction.
    Often I would visit with an old queen that lived to suck cock and get fucked, when the boys saw him they would line up by him to be sucked and tipped.