Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee when it was Sunee

Liked

Re: Sunee when it was Sunee

What an interesting thread. And thanks to MFAS for the photos and video. Nostalgia personified.
    I've been coming to Pattaya -- not living, for that we've chosen Hua Hin -- for nearly 20 years and my Sunee experience there are not that many ... perhaps 10 times. But I do remember it's charmingly raunchy-ness in the early 20's. That razor thing I never saw, thank Christ.

My last swish-by was about 3 years ago and Sunnee was certainly a different place. By the sound of it, the future holds not much. Lots of darkend-holes- in-the-walls.
    A loss ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    That razor thing I never saw, thank Christ.
    Luckily you never saw the show where he pours a bottle of Orange Fanta up his ass, and then proceeds to fill an empty Coke bottle with a black liquid that looks like coke!

Or the one where they shoot balloons with a blowpipe, naturally the blowpipe was not being blown be a mouth!... aka the "fart show" as my BF used to call it!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

From Thaiguys magazine April June 2000
    (all 44 issues painstakingly saved for posterity at: http://thairainbowarchive.anu.edu.au...s/contents.htm )

As others have said the original Crazy pub was a gogo bar (which eventually morphed into Krazy Dragon), it had a circular metal framework which the gogo boys would walk around, the metal framework also had rungs and vertical/horizontal bars that that the boys would swing out of and do chin ups on

The other Crazy pub was a beer bar which appeared years later next door to the KD location
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 18th, 2018), dab69 (October 13th, 2018), scottish-guy (October 10th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks Colmx - but I think the "directory" is incomplete. Perhaps some bars did not pay to be included.

Missing from Sunee in 2000 is "Country Bar" and "Super Queen" (maybe other members will spot more) - I specifically remember Country Bar because I was feeling rather "under the weather" one evening (must have been something I ate ) and had to be ferried back to the hotel on a motorcycle .

From memory the owner was a very kind young Thai called Deng or similar. His farang bf had opened the bar then popped his clogs, leaving it to Deng. Thereafter Deng often seemed to be absent as "sick" and a couple of years later he and the bar were both gone. Someone told me he succumbed to the big A.

Super Queen was definitely still going in 2000 - that's where I first saw the blow-dart show, the egg up the arse show, and the ribbon with needles pulled out the arse show - you don't easily forget that!

Liked

AFAIK the bars that didn't cough up or were known for underage (e.g. Amigo bar, as distinct to Amigo tailor, Butts bar)were left out of the maps

Was country bar a corner beer bar that was located outside Sunee on Soi VC (I think its now a Family Mart)

Liked

No it was in among the Sunee bars - from memory, approx where 45 and 43 are indicated - it was a beer bar with wicker tables and chairs on the street.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    - it was a beer bar with wicker tables and chairs on the street.
    yeah, cause for sure THAT detail really narrows it down when it comes to discussing bars in Thailand ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    No it was in among the Sunee bars - from memory, approx where 45 and 43 are indicated - it was a beer bar with wicker tables and chairs on the street.
    That puts it between 45 The Corner Bar (now Doubleshot) and 43, now the small bar near the Buddha shrine? Opposite Green Chairs bar. Can that be right?
    I wasn’t around in those days.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Disregard the above post.
    30 seconds googling reveals that the Country Club Beer Bar was located next to the Come In Bar.
    See here...number 46
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sune...a_May_2010.gif

Liked

[QUOTE=colmx;251084!

Or the one where they shoot balloons with a blowpipe, naturally the blowpipe was not being blown be a mouth!... aka the "fart show" as my BF used to call it![/QUOTE]

Yes, a true classic act. Viewed it somewhere in Boyztown vicinity (?) many years ago and never forgot it.