Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee when it was Sunee

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sunee when it was Sunee

Yes, at Sawatdee Boys. Unforgettable. It had a short-lived show about ten years ago. The principal boy (?) also placed a toy trumpet near her rectum and "played" it. She was no Dizzy Gillespie....but then who would be using that method?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Yes, at Sawatdee Boys. Unforgettable. It had a short-lived show about ten years ago. The principal boy (?) also placed a toy trumpet near her rectum and "played" it. She was no Dizzy Gillespie....but then who would be using that method?
    That would be Le Pétomane (fartomania) A French flatulist who had superb control of his abdominal muscles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYS4i-rsJFY

Liked

I seem to remember that Le Petomane was portrayed on film by Harry H Corbett of Steptoe and Son fame.

In this image you can see Harry H Corbett on the left, with a certain SGT member who is in his mid-70’s, on the right

9BB153DF-8CD5-4D2E-8D42-A8C12E429A11.jpeg

Liked

Around 2004 there was a small beer bar/ host bar, on the same soi of famous Corner Bar. The bar that I'm asking about was right across the soi from Corner Bar, in front of it.
    Bar was run by young French guy, around 30, very fit and handsome. He seemed to be owner, there every night.
    This beer bar was very typical place with a bar and some seating inside, large outside terrace with maybe 6 tables, and the terrace was surrounded by low wood fence, looked very homey.
    I I have very fond memories of that place, some very nice offs. One of the Thai guys working, hanging around there had this hip hop, thuggish look, usually he was sitting on a fence post, he always wore a bandana, he really looked like ghetto thug out of MTV video. He clothing and style made him look not Thai, he looked 100 percent Latino.

Maybe someone remembers who the French owner was, and is he still around? The bar is, of course, long gone, but maybe he opened other places?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sundance Bar? was the owner the guy who also ran a notorious go go bar in Soi VC, about 30 m beyond the Sunee sois? and wasn't he prosecuted for "the usual"?
    My abiding memory is of being in the area at about 2200 when word got round that the police were on their way. The door of Sundance was flung open and large numbers of the dancers rushed out, some of whom still putting on their trousers...and rushing up the soi, in some cases hopping with one leg in and one leg out.

It was like a scene from a French bedroom farce when the husband arrives unexpectedly while his wife and lover are in flagrente delicto.

As Falstaff says, "Ah, the times we have seen...."

Liked

DoubleDutch....I think the owners name was David but pronounced "Daveed". I can't remember the name of the bar but he and his staff were very friendly and welcoming. He had a large base of regulars. My Thai friends liked going there to play snooker at 20 baht a round compared to 10 baht at other bars. There as a rock waterfall wall and often you had to put one foot in the dranage trough to play a snooker shot. They had one very VIP customer who demanded one certain table with the fan placed just so. When he was seen walking down the soi, all the staff would jump to move any customer at the vip table and set everything perfectly. It was almost a show to watch.

Liked

I watched a similar scene Oliver, from The Corner Bar. At one point the perpetually nervous and twitchy owner was standing outside the door looking and waiting for the return of his ArtfulDodgeresque charges.

Meanwhile one of his boys was actually hiding behind one of the pillars in CB. Ducking hysterical. Gary, the then owner of CB and I didn't dare look at each other in case we corpsed and have the game away.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Meanwhile one of his boys was actually hiding behind one of the pillars in CB. Ducking hysterical. Gary, the then owner of CB and I didn't dare look at each other in case we corpsed and have the game away.[/QUOTE]

A very notorious bar was the one that existed before Gary in the same spot called the Sports Bar, it was open 24hrs. I believe its owner was a Thai named Deng. The French Guy who owned the bar referenced directly across was Come In Bar he was a great host and remembered everyone"s name.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Seems that MFAS has a better memory than most on here and is correct on the notorious Dengs sports bar and not so infamous Come-in with its waterfall and incredibly clean toilets!

I think the owner of Sundance was called Colin and he was from UK or N.Ireland?
    He previously owned Kaos which was across the street in the current location of Sky bar.
    Kaos was 3 shop houses wide, so Sundance was a pretty large downsizing!

The majority of staff followed Beer from Kaos to K.Boys (and Beer renamed it to Nice boys at the same time)

There was also Nok Nok - which was owned by Em, the current Cupidol Mamasan (back then he was a hip hop guy!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Only if you overlook the fact that his “better memory than most” was completely wrong about Crazy Pub - but hey, let’s just gloss over that