Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

Liked

Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

Friend of mine that used to go to all the gay venues with cabaret shows stunned me, when he stated he lost interest as the music played ,became less interesting even boring. He indicated he liked numbers he could sing along quietly to, rather than new release numbers he had never heard of.

I was used to see him walk through Jomtien to the Venue several nights a week, and was surprised when we met at La Bocca for dinner, to hear his statements.

I asked what his music taste was and he pointed out a bar , across the road from Lindas ,where they had live music and played country and western ,which he liked
    This is on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
    We made an appointment to go to the 8 Jomtien restaurant the other side of that corner, next night. Live music and only 25 m away it was super.

We made the trip there several times before I left and had a great time. The meals were not lavish probably a little better than some meals we had eaten.
    The show finishes at 11 or maybe the restaurent closed then. It was time to take a fresh look at the boys in Jomtien. I had a massage before drinks but we had a good time still, this time at Cocka2 bar Nice change.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

I was used to see him walk through Jomtien to the Venue several nights a week, and was surprised when we met at La Bocca for dinner, to hear his statements.

I asked what his music taste was and he pointed out a bar , across the road from Lindas ,where they had live music and played country and western ,which he liked
    This is on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
    We made an appointment to go to the 8 Jomtien restaurant the other side of that corner, next night. Live music and only 25 m away it was super.
    Lonely, what and where is La Bocca? What is Lindas and is 8 Jomtien the name of the restaurant?
    Last edited by christianpfc; October 8th, 2018 at 15:13. Reason: format quotation

Liked

All on google, paborn.

Liked

Francois, if you don't care to answer that's fine. But, I'll point out, yet again, that this is a forum for the sharing of information filtered by the special knowledge afforded to gay men on the spot. If all my information came from Google there would be little need of this board. Having said many times that I have never been to Jomtien I will point out again, that simply looking at a map from Google is not the same.
    Also, I was unable to locate Jomtien 8 on google.
    So, let me rephrase.
    1. Where is Bocca? Jomtien, near Sunee - north, south, central?
    2. Although the Zing resort is in Jomtien ( or so I've read ) I still find this sentence " on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
    " to be confusing. My maps tell me that Poseiden is on the corner of a street and an interior soi of Jomtien complex. So what corner is the starting point.
    Francois, you're a very nice man and I respect you but if you tell me about google you'll get this response. Again, if Lonely doesn't want to clarify or someone doesn't care to respond fine. But, I reserve the right to ask.

5. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (October 4th, 2018)

Liked

La Bocca is an Italian restaurant directly across the road from the first Theppraya Rd entrance to Jomtien Plaza. (It is nowhere near Sunnee Plaza!)
    If you stand there in the JP and look straight out over the road and then just a small movement of the head to the right you'll see it easily. After 7-8 pm it can get quite busy inside (air con) but there are 3 or 4 tables outside on the patio, which I prefer ... but others may not.
    Pretty good pizzas, though there are better pizza joints in the same area. I was in Jomtien last week and a friend of mine took me to Toto Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria (just outside the Complex on the street going to the beach). Really really delicious.

PS ... Francois is heads and shoulders above LonelyWombat vis-a-vis directions. Frankly, I'm surprised that LW can actually get out of bed, much less ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Thanks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post

We made the trip there several times before I left and had a great time. The meals were not lavish probably a little better than some meals we had eaten.
    The show finishes at 11 or maybe the restaurent closed then. It was time to take a fresh look at the boys in Jomtien. I had a massage before drinks but we had a good time still, this time at Cocka2 bar Nice change.
    Paborn I cannot believe that you have visited Pattaya many times and do not know Poseiden. If and when you arrive at Jomtien as you enter Jomtien Plaza, it is the hotel on the right corner at the entrance. If you turn around 180 degrees across the highway you will see Lindas.
    The soi I mentioned is one soi towards the beach about 70 m from Poseiden. 8Jomtien is on high corner and the bar, I think 3 Roses, the other.
    Across the highway opposite is La Bocca perhaps 50m down towards the beach.

My friends like La Bocca for their pizzas, incl lasagna done similar to pizza, I prefer their osso buco or lamb shanks.

Poseiden besides being a great gay hotel, has a fine kitchen as well as excellent wines, The 3 course 550 per night of 3 courses, a nice change.
    The place is regularily booked year, after by the same residents returning. If you have not stayed there you should make enquiries,

http://poseidon-pattaya.com/
    http://laboccapattaya.com/
    http://www.lindasrestaurant.com/

I typed in 8Jomtien restaurent and google loaded it ,but a webpage I did not find. But found it from Lindas site.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Francois, if you don't care to answer that's fine.
    So, let me rephrase.
    1. Where is Bocca? Jomtien, near Sunee - north, south, central?
    But, I reserve the right to ask.
    paborn, I never heard of Bocca and did not know where it was.. So I did a google search and found it. I can't copy the map. If you want to see a map on google then do a search for La Bocca Pattaya. If not, then don't. Up to You.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 8th, 2018)

Liked

Paborn and francois I typed in the link to La Bocca in the post above

http://laboccapattaya.com/

Liked

Hmm---

I do NOT go to the venues to listen to the music.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 8th, 2018), colmx (October 5th, 2018), snotface (October 4th, 2018)