Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

Banned
    Liked

Re: Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Gay shows no longer of interest to me because of the straight Chinese woman tourists, at times along with husbands.
    This story, which is headlined "Collapse in China arrivals" may boost your morale https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...mperils-target

Liked

I also noticed the absence of huge Chinese tour buses dropping the tourists off in front of the Mike Shopping Mall. On a stroll down Walking Street I only saw two tour groups. Lots of Indians, though.

Every night Nom and I would survey Boyztown from the 5 Th floor of the Ambiance. Over the time I was there the soi was often deserted.

And on the odd occasion that Panorama had some customers, they all left as soon as the rain came belting down.

Every now and then small groups of Chinese tourists would walk down the soi, gawking at any gays they could find.

I fear the Chinese are doing what the Japanese did in Hawaii - buy up all the hotels and clubs and a couple of seafood restaurants and then just do package tours with everything paid for in China before they leave.

Once Le Cafe Royale and the Ambiance renovations are finished, just in time for high season, I guess there will be an influx of Chinese tourists. And room charges will no doubt sky-rocket.

That will certainly revitalise Boyztown, but the locals, including the working guys, probably won't benefit much. Everything will be kept in-house.

Liked

Agreed, a447, Boyztown has been very, very quiet since at least mid September, and Pattaya overall is very quiet. Yep, very few Chinese, and almost no Chinese bus groups, sitting at Beach road coffee shops, I see Chinese solo travelers couples, something you didn't see often in past. But no large groups, and no buses clogging traffic. It is easy to cross Beach road any time of day now, cos there is very little traffic.
    There aren't even that many Indians here now either, allthough they are still majority of people on streets. Almost no Russians. It is very quiet in Pattaya, not sure is it good or bad.
    It is raining every day now, last October it definitely didn't rain so much, some days it rains 20 minutes, yesterday rained all day, and drizzled all night, streets were empty, and bars of course dead.

We were sitting with Australian friend at Starbucks on Beach road yesterday, a good spot for people watching, and that is his main hunting ground for girls who walk by, yesterday he was not happy, because while we were sitting outside for couple of hours, almost no one passed by.
    Pattaya feels very different when it is so quiet.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There have been reports in the Thai press of a downturn in Chinese visitors; apparently, there have been incidents of conflict between the locals and Chinese visitors which have been widely publicised in China.
    We won't be in Pattaya for a few days but, here in Chiang Mai, the domination of the Chinese market is apparent, though curiously less pronounced in our hotel than has been the case in previous stays over the past three years.
    Coincidentally, I was responding only a few minutes ago to a friend in the UK on this very subject. I sat in my usual bar near Thapae and counted the first thirty pedestrians who walked past...not passengers in tuk-tuks and buses obviously. Unscientific though this was it still represents fairly what I have seen.
    Six were Thais, five falangs and nineteen were Chinese. They are distinguished not just by facial appearance but by clothing and the ubiquitous small back-packs many of them wear.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    There have been reports in the Thai press of a downturn in Chinese visitors; apparently, there have been incidents of conflict between the locals and Chinese visitors which have been widely publicised in China.
    and I hear the mayor of Phuket has this sinking feeling about Chinese tourists as well

bkkguy

Liked

Oliver2, your observations regarding Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai are the same as mine.

I was at Thapae Gate every day after my massage at Classic and there were lots of young couples out and about.

And I didn't see any tour buses, either.

They were entertained at night by a band or a solo singer to keep them all happy.

The tourists visiting the Sunday Street Market and the food market just off the street were also mostly Chinese.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Excellent news. Thank you.

Liked

I have been told that the Entire Cafe royale is being turned into a Music & Karaoke club
    The ground floor will have a live band followed by karaoke
    Whilst the upstairs rooms will all be VIP karaoke rooms... Similar in style to the KTVs that you see on Xtube etc.

By the way, whilst the Chinese package tours might not spend much, the Chinese gays certainly do, I have seen them drop 20,000B on a night in NAB without any thoughts. They are Also more generous with their tips than the average farang, and don't think twice about buying the latest iPhone for a boy that they have offed 3-4 nights

Have also seen Straight Chinese guys flinging 1000B bunches of 20B notes into the air several times a night in Hollywood (no idea why, I guess its a show off thing)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 7th, 2018), StevieWonders (October 7th, 2018)

Liked

20,000B a night in NAB?

You have to wonder how a British pensioner (say, in his mid-70s) on £125.95 a week state pension manages - even after fiddling the Winter Fuel Allowance etc

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    20,000B a night in NAB?

You have to wonder how a British pensioner (say, in his mid-70s) on £125.95 a week state pension manages - even after fiddling the Winter Fuel Allowance etc
    And it makes me wonder what is the number of Chinese gay men dropping 20k baht at NAB, versus hoards of Chinese descending on Thailand. Not that 20.000 is such a huge amount, it is few hundred euros. But I've jet to meet these Chinese whales, and Im out almost every night. Typical Chhinese gay guys I see, and hook up via Blued usually stand around DJ Station with 1 drink, and in no rush finishing that one drink. They do not spend a satang more than absolutely neccessary.