Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressing for Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Re: Dressing for Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    A man can never have enough orthotic flip flops but ok, if you say so !
    Like eating quiche, real men do not wear flip flops

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    In China they apparently have vans that travel around carrying out instant court ordered death sentences by lethal injection, the same practice should I believe be carried out on men who walk around Thailand wearing sandals and socks ! Especially those with the socks up just as far as they can go.

I'm still undecided which out of the white or black sock wearing fraternity should be taken first but as long as they're removed for our pavements
    Although there are no specified cures for LOW blood pressure, the knee length socks are recommended for those who have BOTH high and low blood pressure. Maybe the definition given is not in medical terms, but those wearing knee length stockings are doing so for medical reasons.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=l....6895j0j7&sour
    There are plenty of natural ways and lifestyle changes to raise low blood pressure, including the following lifestyle changes.
    Eat more salt. ...
    Avoid alcoholic beverages. ...
    Discuss medications with a doctor. ...
    Cross legs while sitting. ...
    Drink water. ...
    Eat small meals frequently. ...
    Wear compression stockings. ...
    Avoid sudden position changes.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thanks for the email folowing my post above.
    Many people retort you cannot have both high and low blood pressure
    This quote from the Mayo Clinic
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20355465
    Risk factors
    Low blood pressure (hypotension) can occur in anyone, though certain types of low blood pressure are more common depending on your age or other factors:

Age. Drops in blood pressure on standing or after eating occur primarily in adults older than 65. Neurally mediated hypotension primarily affects children and younger adults.
    Medications. People who take certain medications, for example, high blood pressure medications such as alpha blockers, have a greater risk of low blood pressure.
    Certain diseases. Parkinson's disease, diabetes and some heart conditions put you at a greater risk of developing low blood pressure.
    Complications
    Even moderate forms of low blood pressure can cause dizziness, weakness, fainting and a risk of injury from falls.

And severely low blood pressure can deprive your body of enough oxygen to carry out its normal functions, leading to damage to your heart and brain.

Banned
    Liked

It's certainly possible to experience the symptoms of low blood pressure when you're on medication for high blood pressure and that's more or less what the Mayo Clinic article says, but it's not possible to have both high and low blood pressure simultaneously

Liked

Humpty Dumpty please read medications

high blood pressure medications such as alpha blockers, have a greater risk of low blood pressure.

It does not say you can have only one, but not both. I know people who being treated for both at the same time.

But it dismisses the comments Nirish claims that orthotic flip flops are the only reason for wearing back or foot problems.
    They are part of a solution, but not the reason they are worn.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Like eating quiche, real men do not wear flip flops
    At least we agree upon something! Although during the day time it is acceptable if one is not concerned about foot infections and injuries.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    I know people who being treated for both at the same time.
    They may think that's what they're being treated for, but that doesn't make it so. High or low blood pressure requiring medication is a persistent disease (I'm quoting a medically qualified relative here). The symptoms of low blood pressure are what alpha blockers (which treat high blood pressure) can induce, but stopping the alpha blockers removes the symptoms and the patient no longer experiences the symptoms of a persistent medical condition they never had

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    At least we agree upon something! Although during the day time it is acceptable if one is not concerned about foot infections and injuries.
    It's certainly possible to pick up parasites via exposed feet in Thailand. I take the basic tenet of the "dress for success" mantra to be reliable - the more skin you show, the less seriously people will take you. On that basis we can assume that The Wombat continually gets around in really skimpy clothes

Feminists (and I include the #BlackFrocksMatter movement) nevertheless refuse to accept that if a woman dresses like a slut she'll be treated as a slut

Liked

Humpty I do not treat you like a slut, but if you want me to,I will.

You are suggesting patients stop taking alpha blockers to treat low blood pressure??????

You obviously hold some medical qualification? I doubt it.
    https://www.healthline.com/symptom/low-blood-pressure

Medications might also cause a drop in blood pressure. Beta-blockers and nitroglycerin, used to treat heart disease, are common culprits. Diuretics, tricyclic antidepressants, and erectile dysfunction drugs can also cause hypotension.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post

You obviously hold some medical qualification? I doubt it,
    Nope. Just the self proclaimed "Fount of all knowledge"...and this just proves it.