Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dressing for Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Re: Dressing for Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    rocket, there is an effective treatment for toenail fungus. It is an oral medication by Lamisil. Expensive, unless you have a drug plan, and takes months to realize results. worth the expense.
    My podiatrist recommends the Thursday Plantation range of products for everything, including toenail fungus. It's available in Thailand and is, I'm told, both effective and relatively inexpensive. It's made from tea tree oil. I'm surprised The Wombat isn't spruiking it, as it's an Australian product

http://www.thursdayplantation.com/pr...nail-solution/
    https://www.lazada.co.th/thursday-plantation/

Liked

rocket, there is an effective treatment for toenail fungus. It is an oral medication by Lamisil. Expensive, unless you have a drug plan, and takes months to realize results. worth the expense.
    You can buy the generic for peanuts (should be 10-20B per tablet).
    It's called Terbinafine and the strength you want is 250mg.
    I recommend Fortune Pharmacy in Pattaya for any medications - reasonable prices and if she doesn't have something in stock she will get it in.
    As you say, several months of treatment is required and you absolutely CANNOT take it if you have any form of liver complaint (and I don't mean not getting onions with it)

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 4th, 2018)

Liked

That drug is tough on the liver. I had hepatitis b and did drugs at an earlier age, so I’ll give it a pass. My nails are so bad I’d be surprised if that drug would work.

Oh and I forgot to add in my original post that I wear women’s belts, usually orange. I hate the gaudy buckles on men’s belts. Is that weird?

5. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (October 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Oh and I forgot to add in my original post that I wear women’s belts, usually orange. I hate the gaudy buckles on men’s belts. Is that weird?
    Yes, it is weird to answer the question. But keep on with the socks and sandals.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

neddy3 (October 4th, 2018), Smiles (October 5th, 2018)

Liked

and here was I thinking this thread was going to be about the need to start dressing "to the right" to fit in with the current political climate here

bkkguy

Liked

In pattaya im shorts and tshirt with trainers in the day , at night im long lightweight trousers and a polo shirt, , trousers to stop been bitten by mozzies

Liked

I work a routine where I go to the laundry every third day, dropping off and picking up at the same time.

I use two shirts a day, XXL (Thai size) for day and XXXL for evening (one X less if I bought them elsewhere) - given that I have to wear something when I go to the laundry, that demands seven day shirts and six evening ones.

Boxers and ankle socks I change daily, so seven of those each, cargo shorts and handkerchief I change every two days, so I have four of those. For the journey over and back I also have one long sleeve shirt, one thin jersey and one pair of long trousers..

- Simple really..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had tried that. It is absolute HELL on your liver, made my skin itch for WEEKS while I kept taking it, and didn't do shit.
    The topical acid you brush on worked better for $10

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    I use two shirts a day, XXL (Thai size) for day and XXXL for evening (one X less if I bought them elsewhere) - given that I have to wear something when I go to the laundry, that demands seven day shirts and six evening ones.
    What size knickers do you wear? Boxers or briefs?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    It's certainly possible to pick up parasites via exposed feet in Thailand.
    What parasites? I have been walking around in flip-flops in South-East Asia for 5 years, and never had a problem.

On the contrary, my feet being exposed (to the dust and everything else) is good against athlete's foot (which I get after one month in Germany with socks and closed shoes).

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 5th, 2018)