Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiang Mai report 2018

Liked

Re: Chiang Mai report 2018

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I'm sure I read about two Air Asia flights which had problems flying out of Australia and had to turn back. Both incidents were within a month or so of each other.

Hardy reassuring.
    Local press seem to have an anti complex about Qantas. If a Qantas flight is late, has a problem on board,delays at reception or booking , FF bookings, always headlines. But no deaths on Qantas flights. Your comments about Air Asia flights is ridiculous.

Quality re meals, grog, flight allowance and waiting time are same for all airlines.
    You get what you pay for.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When I first flew Air Asia, the fleet was visibly old. However, for the past few years, I've had as much confidence in them as in any other. We have to accept that short-haul flights are intrinsically less safe than long haul ones because of the number of take-offs and landings, so how do they compare with other budget airlines? My guess is the record is pretty good. Certainly in Thailand where the number of daily flights is huge.
    My only irritation has been on the Bali flights where the seating arrangement is inappropriate for a four hour plus journey.
    Of course, if I could afford scheduled flights ( I take six internal ones in Thailand every year, accompanied by my boyfriend), I wouldn't use a budget airline. But the reason would be comfort, not safety. And no more Dom Muang..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post

Fewer people have died in Air Asia accidents in total than die in Thailand on the roads each and every Songkran holiday
    Ah the usual ignorance of the fact surrounding Songkran road deaths. Songkran is the SAFEST time of year to travel on Thailands roads. Fact.

Annual road deaths...24000 divided by 365 days = 65.7 per day
    Songkran.....................389 divided by 7 days = 55 per day.

And did you know (excluding motorcycles) road deaths in cars are about the same as the UK?

Thailand road deaths...by cars 6% of 24000 per year = 3.94 per day
    UK road deaths ...........by cars 1400 per year = 3.83 per day

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2018/04...songkran-2018/
    http://www.thaiwebsites.com/caraccidents.asp

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Ah the usual ignorance of the fact surrounding Songkran road deaths. Songkran is the SAFEST time of year to travel on Thailands roads. Fact.

Annual road deaths...24000 divided by 365 days = 65.7 per day
    Songkran.....................389 divided by 7 days = 55 per day.

And did you know (excluding motorcycles) road deaths in cars are about the same as the UK?

Thailand road deaths...by cars 6% of 24000 per year = 3.94 per day
    UK road deaths ...........by cars 1400 per year = 3.83 per day

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2018/04...songkran-2018/
    http://www.thaiwebsites.com/caraccidents.asp
    What you have shown is that you can manipulate statistics but you have NOT demonstrated that Thailand's road are safer than the UK.
    You need to calculate the deaths per kilometer or mile driven. If people in the UK have many more cars and drive much more than people in Thailand then of course the TOTAL number of deaths in the UK will be higher. But the AVERAGE number of deaths per distance driven will be LOWER than Thailand.
    Sorry you do not know shit about how to interpret statistics. And why exclude motor cycle deaths? I assume because it makes your numbers work. Sorry you are being dishonest with your analysis.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

5. User who gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (October 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    What you have shown is that you can manipulate statistics but you have NOT demonstrated that Thailand's road are safer than the UK.
    You need to calculate the deaths per kilometer or mile driven. If people in the UK have many more cars and drive much more than people in Thailand then of course the TOTAL number of deaths in the UK will be higher. But the AVERAGE number of deaths per distance driven will be LOWER than Thailand.
    Sorry you do not know shit about how to interpret statistics. And why exclude motor cycle deaths? I assume because it makes your numbers work. Sorry you are being dishonest with your analysis.
    As a follow up. You are also defining safest as the number of deaths - I do not have access to the road accident statistics in Thailand - the safest should include the number of accidents per kilometer driven. It might be that the total number of Kilometers driven during the festival time is lower and the average speed is lower - the relevant comparison then is the number of accident and the number of deaths per KILOMETER driven. I am guessing but I suspect the number of non-fatal accident is higher during that time as people are driving slower but may get into more fender bender - resulting in more INJURIES to both drivers and passengers (including those on the back of trucks).

Making a statement "Ah the usual ignorance of the fact surrounding Songkran road deaths. Songkran is the SAFEST time of year to travel on Thailands roads. Fact." and then showing you do not know anything about making inferences using statistics shows the usual ignorance.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Fuck me soemone has rattled your cage.
    I’m merely using the same statements as the Thai authorities after every Somgkran. They only ever talk about the number of deaths (never km driven).
    Why have I left out motor bikes? Simply because they account for 94% of deaths in Thailand and there are hardly any in the UK, compared with Asia.
    Have a nice day.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Plus everyone knows that 74.3% of statistics are all made up on the spot anyway so numbers are only useful half i.e 42% of the time anyway.!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Plus everyone knows that 74.3% of statistics are all made up on the spot anyway so numbers are only useful half i.e 42% of the time anyway.!
    More precisely "Plus 74.3% of the population knows" etc. etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    You what?? Another Guinness?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    You what?? Another Guinness?
    Make mine a treble