Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: On disinformation

Banned
    Liked

On disinformation

Spycraft is one of my favourite interests; disinformation in particular among its dark arts. Spycraft is often linked to subversion generally so “hiding in plain sight” and the notion of Samizdat have an attraction for me. A recent book looks at Britain’s spycraft and subversion against Napoleon’s France, including an assassination attempt on his life in 1800. The reviewer calls it “astonishing, disturbing and inspiring”. For me the fascination of the television adaptation of Le Carre’s The Night Manager was the disinformation and deceit that is practised on all sides

Then there's my favourite quotation from House of Card's Francis Urquhart: ""You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment" - plausible deniability at its best

Liked

Re: On disinformation

Well I'm not sure slipping a hydra in under the wire counts as spycraft but I enjoyed watching the terrorist attack on Scottish Guy from the wings.

3. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (September 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ... “hiding in plain sight” ....
    There are some people in their mid-seventies who could greatly benefit humanity by hiding out of plain sight.

Either that or wearing an Uncle Fester hallowe'en mask 24/7/365 to improve their fizzog

I do like your new habit of entitling your new Threads with "On" - it reminds me of Keats.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I do like your new habit of entitling your new Threads with "On" - it reminds me of Keats.
    "A thing of beauty is a boy forever". That sort of thing?