Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Karma

Liked

Re: Karma

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The test will be when they are reinstated!
    Aye, and ain't that the truth, gerefan2.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    Argosy is quite obviously arsenal. Apart from the stylistic similarities, he can't even bring himself to suspend his dislike of SG and frequent for four posts! Sherlock Holmes will not be required on this one, A Case of Identity.
    As a long time lurker, I joined this forum in the wake of recent action taken against two of the forum’s prolific and vocal members. I’m not a fan of the musings of either of these gentlemen, and found it deliciously ironic they were knocked down a peg with the action taken against them. This gentleman was the impetus for my first post Karma, there were no ulterior motives.

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 21st, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The point is not that a new poster “suddenly appeared from nowhere” - it’s that 3 or more have simultaneously appeared exactly after 2 were suspended.

As has already been pointed out by others, you have referred to matters which occurred prior to your arrival. Maybe you have crystal balls?
    Are you into conspiracy theories? Your posting implies 3 people simultaneously joined this forum for some, as yet unstated reason, that's obvious to you. Please spill the tea, I'm all ears.
    I've been a long time lurker of the forum, and am aware of some matters that occurred prior to my arrival. My balls aren’t made of crystal and finally, my objection to your quote "(Argosy) knows everything that's been said on the board for years" was predicated on your liberal embellishment of the facts, nothing else.

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 21st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The test will be when they are reinstated!
    Well it shouldn't really.

Being suspended means they are still members therefore if they are now posting under "alternative" identities then they are in fact Hydras which is (allegedly) strictly verboten.

It matters not what they do when they return if they are already in breach of the most fundamental rule.

Not that it bothers me - but you know what a stickler I am for rules

Liked

I hope Arsenal at least returns soon. Despite some of his squabbles with other posters he also provided much welcome updates on bars and boys.
    Other than this thread there is no indication that more people are posting and this thread is as interesting as the squabbles.

Banned
    Liked

I thank Mr Jellybaby for keeping the home fires burning in my absence
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    Some of our members have been known to turn to the Holy Bible for inspiration. So, following suit, I found that John, Chapter 8 verse 7, with the most minimal of tweaking, is particularly apposite in cases like these.
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...795#post249795

If you don’t care or can’t be bothered about your spelling and grammar you’re showing your contempt for your readers. Spelling matters so that people know whether you mean peek (look), peak (climax), or pique (excite or arouse) without having to work it out for themselves. Or they could join Cathay Pacific - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-side-of-plane. Surely everyone “knows” what was meant, those who insist on a correct spelling are just “spelling nazis” or “grammar nazis” aren’t they? Similarly punctuation is there to enhance meaning, so I usually never use a full stop at the end of a paragraph - it's a hangover from the 19th century because paper was a scarce commodity

Grammar is there to ensure that ambiguity does not interfere with the reader’s understanding – the difference between “knowing your shit” and “knowing you’re shit” to use a popular example, or the one that applies to some of our posters: “You're not going to be happy when I tell everyone that your grammar sucks”. Surely American members need no reminder that the greatest contemporary offender against the English language is none other than The Donald – perhaps they secretly wish to emulate their hero? On the other hand there’s Secretary of State Pompeo’s War Against The Misplaced Comma - http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ed-commas.html

I’ve said this once before but I’ll say it again. I’m unashamedly an elitist. I write for those I regard as the Forum’s elite – Mr Jellybaby, scotty, Matt, Smiles, snotface, Brad, poshglasgow and one or two others. I don’t write for the hoi polloi and their opinions are mere dust under the wheels of my chariot. In the immortal words of Malcolm Tucker, “Do you know ninety percent of household dust is made of dead human skin. That’s what you are to me”

And if that’s too hard to bear, there’s always the Jane Austen quotation: “I dearly love a laugh... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can”

The Moderators, I am sure, will help you find the {Ignore} feature if you don’t want to read what I write

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 27th, 2018)

Liked

Non, je ne regrette rien.

Liked

I will make one prediction. Now that he who must be obeyed, the arbiter of all right and true, the deluded self-proclaimed elitist, the man who does everyone a favor by casting his pearls of wisdom before those of us who are dust beneath his feet has returned this place will soon be nasty again.

In fact, it already has if you read the thread about Malaysia. It's really rather sad.

Oh, sorry, one other prediction. He is dedicating his return posts to justifying why he stalks the board looking for tiny errors, googling every fact to check for the tiniest opening to argue and refute. You know he does this because it is his "noble obligation."

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 21st, 2018), francois (September 21st, 2018), frequent (September 22nd, 2018), pennyboy (September 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Well spoken, paborn.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 22nd, 2018), paborn (September 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Maybe I’m chanelling Frequent when I say it was whined rather than “spoken” - not to mention that it wasn’t “spoken” at all

16. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (September 22nd, 2018)