Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets call it what it is It's not a tip

ahhhh....a wet dream after a longhaul flight.

Star Boy ...

I know of one 'star boy', offed virtually every night in low season and every night in high, who really just sees it as a business deal (as many do). He hates any farang asking for over nights, he wants to do the 'business' and get out and then go to karaoke, drink with his friends or go fuck a ladyboy, breakfast is the last thing he wants. Further, he really doesn't want any long term farang, call backs are ok for him but anything resulting in a 'deal' that would see him tied to one farang could actually mean a drop in income for him.

As regards what is good or bad in terms of payment for long or short term depends on so many things. For example, when I used to off guys I never agreed a fee before hand, I would make payment based on how long the 'short time' was, how into it the guy was, how friendly and chatty they were and then what we actually did in bed. It also depends, as has been pointed out in previous discussions on this topic, as to whether you are a tourist with money to burn or a foreigner now settled in Thailand (who may or may not have money to burn).

The guy himself can make a difference and lay the ground rules. I have been approached twice in the street (during the day) by guys who I had previously seen in gogo bars a night or so earlier. On both occassions the guys wanted a quick one off transaction and both stated they would take 500 baht - the same happened at one bar I stopped at for a drink (daytime again) when two of the staff asked me if they could both take care of me for 500 baht each.

It is not normally considered polite to ask a guy how much he wants for payment (unless as just stated they offer up a sum themselves for you to consider) and the question will normmally result in the answer 'Up to you', however most would expect a minimum 1000 baht to 1500 baht for short time. Very few will ever look at the sum you give them and ask for more if they feel short changed (and even fewer will 'try it on' and guilt trip you to get more), they will simply store the info' away so that if you off them or a friend of their's, they know in advance what sums to expect from you and can make it clear, by their actions towards you in the bar, whether they are willing to go off with you again.

Thaiquila's comment re: 'Never a problem for me. I don't see the appeal of "star" boys. I don't have a high opinion of prostitution so I prefer those who are failing at it', is not only funny (and maybe a little bit sad) but can also dictate what the guy may expect or accept by way of payment.

Minimum 1400 baht, maximum 3000 baht.

what i pay

Bangkok

Street Trade (silom, pan pacific.,sunam Luang): 500

Go Go : 1000 - 1200 (depends on the bar)

Phuket

Street Trade: 300

Go Go: : 800

Pattaya : 500

Go Go : 1000

If a guy is really into it and gives a hot time - I would add up to 500B more - but from experience this is the exception. Anyone who says they 'love me' gets 500 LESS!

Gaydar or Gay.com pickups will get a 'cab fare' if they ask, as some do - that is usually B200.

Liked: 1
    Paul 2257

Thank you for what I think is the most honest answer on this post regarding amounts paid.

The amounts you state are what other farang in thailand tell me they pay. My payments are slightly more and other posters say they pay way over what you and I pay.

Regarding overnighters: I never ask for overnight I wait until they have had their shower and see if they get back into bed or get dressed. Then I say do you want to stay. No presure is put on them to stay. In the morning the breakfast thing is offered some say yes and some say no thanks. The sums I mentioned are my guide line. I have one or twice paid a lot more that is whan I have had a really good time but that is rare.

Its difficult to get exactly what you want from a boy. Once a boy told me when I asked him what he will do and what he dosen't do he promised anything I wanded. When we got back he told me he wasnt really gay and only did this because he needed money. I had verry unsatisfactory sex but still gave him 1,000 Bt but no extra tip. Some friends I should have just chucked him out.

I wonder if these big spenders on this site are really big spenders.

I find the poster who said willing to pay $200 for a massage hard to believe. He fell asleep with the boy in his room before anything happened. I hope all his valuables were in the roomsafe. After all nobdy knows where this boy came from. At least a bar boy can usually be found again shold there have been a problem.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

The switcheroo . . .

What you could try is this (but you'll have to segue in very quickly or you're dead):

After the deeds are done and you're both lying there in the moonlight / afterglow ~ little sparkles of cum sprinkled over both your tummies (or whatever) ~ place two fingers gently on his lips in such a way as he will know you are about to say something. Then ~ gently squeezing his cock lovingly, and before he has a chance to get in a word ~ say to him quietly but nonchalantly, " ... well my tirak, that was really great ... how much you want? ... UP TO YOU ... "

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

As I recall from memory:
    I was there for two weeks and was with the same boy from day one till the end.
    Some nights we had sex, some nights we didn't but he got paid the same amount, 1500B each night, regardless. First few days he was with me 24/7 but noticing the growing look of boredom on his face as the days passed I started giving him time away from me
    ie. when I went to the beach there was no point in him sitting with me all day so I told him it was ok to go with his friends and come back in a couple of hours. Just one point on that. I quickly learned that it is better to give an exact time for him to return as he disappeared for longer each time. The old adage of "give them an inch, they'll take a mile" seems to ring true in my experience.
    Often I'd ask where HE'D like to go at night and so we ended up at the cinema, ten pin bowling, circus and such like. I took him to Koh Larne for the day and told him to invite a friend and I'm sure few of you will be surprised to learn that TWO friends turned up (give them an inch...). I let the matter drop as I couldn't be bothered with an argument or fall out.
    We also had a day in Bangkok where we visited mama along the way. Got to say I felt totally out of place doing this as I speak no Thai. I was suspicious when he announced it was mama's birthday but there was no mention of a gift from me and none was offered and he also went out and bought her a pressie so I'll assume that in this case it really was mama's birthday.
    We also spent a day shopping during which I spoiled him a bit - about 5000B.
    Naturally I paid for all meals drinks etc as well as the occasional little extra like phone card, magazines and such.
    On leaving day he came to the airport and this time he tried to invite another two friends to come along in the taxi so they could all spend a night out in Bangkok but this time we did have words and his friends were left to get the bus.
    The goodbye at the airport was sad but not tearful and he got what he came for (I'm not totally stupid).....an extra 3000B which was about all I had left to give.
    Generous? Miserly? About right? I'll leave that for you to decide. You can let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    .......Generous? Miserly? About right? I'll leave that for you to decide. You can let me know what you think.
    up to you.

Some nights we had sex, some nights we didn't but he got paid the same amount, 1500B each night, regardless.
    Well I should certainly hope so. Whether or not you had sex is completely irrelevent: the boy was stuck hanging around with you when he could have been shaking his money maker. Unfortunately, too many farangs still think that they're somehow giving these boys a "vacation", and that a tip is therefore optional (especially if there's no sexual contact). If you rent a car but leave it sitting in a parking garage all day, that's not Hertz's concern.

As I recall from memory:
    I was there for two weeks and was with the same boy from day one till the end.
    Some nights we had sex, some nights we didn't but he got paid the same amount, 1500B each night, regardless. First few days he was with me 24/7 but noticing the growing look of boredom on his face as the days passed
    That is hardly surprising.

If you turn the tables around how would you like spending your working hours with a much older 'boss' who is a complete stranger and then having to spend the rest of the day when your work is finished with him when you have very little in common?

[/quote] On leaving day he came to the airport and this time he tried to invite another two friends to come along in the taxi so they could all spend a night out in Bangkok but this time we did have words and his friends were left to get the bus. [/quote]

What possible harm would it have done to allow his two friends to travel in the taxi with you? It would have cost you nothing. Maybe you gained some sense of achievement by refusing his request but you probably lost the respect of the boy by doing so.

Liked
    [/quote]find the poster who said willing to pay $200 for a massage hard to believe. He fell asleep with the boy in his room before anything happened. I hope all his valuables were in the roomsafe. After all nobdy knows where this boy came from. At least a bar boy can usually be found again shold there have been a problem.
    I believe it,$200 dollars is not so much money really,and he was on vacation.Remember,some people have the attitude,"you cant take it with you",when hes on his deathbed Im sure he will be glad to have wasted 200 dollars on a nice backrub from a goodlooking thai.Im with you though about hiding my valuables,I would not trust anyone like that in my room,let alone going to sleep with him there.