Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Forget about bacteria, watch out for magic…

Liked

Forget about bacteria, watch out for magic…

After my last trip to Thailand I returned to the UK with a bacterial infection that took two weeks on antibiotics to clear but thankfully I recovered fully. However according to my Thai boyfriend that was not all I was exposed to.

I’ve known him for eighteen years and he’s very possessive and jealous but as he’s based in Bangkok we don’t spend all the time together so he comes and goes during my regular stays in Pattaya. He knows that I visit Go Go Bars and massage places but always says “You not tell me, I not want know”.

So I enjoy myself and don’t tell him what I get up to. On my last trip a boy I offed to my hotel room took multiple selfies and put them on Facebook. He didn’t name me and I didn’t appear in any of the photos but, somehow, my boyfriend came across them and he recognised some of my possessions in the room.

I assume he then “Friended” him as he messaged the boy via Facebook Messenger and although I don’t know what was said it was enough for my boyfriend to go totally bonkers. He became convinced that I loved the other boy and announced we wouldn’t see each other again which is the sort of thing he does when he’s angry.

I certainly did not love my new contact who had left Pattaya by then anyway. I do have a large number of friends in Pattaya but that’s as far as it goes.

Then my boyfriend informed me that I had obviously been the victim of a magic love charm which “Bad Boys” use to ensnare Farang. He’d been talking to a relative of his, who knows about such things, and she’d confirmed that was what must have happened.

Even more than that this “Bad Boy” was also responsible for my illness via some sort of curse. I can’t see what the advantage of making me ill was meant to have been to him though.

It took over a month of regular FaceTime calls from the UK for my boyfriend to calm down and I think things are back to normal now but it’s a salutary warning of the dangers of Social Media and of course of magic!

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (September 14th, 2018), christianpfc (September 13th, 2018), francois (September 11th, 2018), Smiles (September 11th, 2018), snotface (September 11th, 2018), Tintin (September 12th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Re: Forget about bacteria, watch out for magic…

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai View Post
    It took over a month of regular FaceTime calls from the UK for my boyfriend to calm down and I think things are back to normal now but it’s a salutary warning of the dangers of Social Media and of course of magic!
    Dear god. Haven't you learned the phrase in Thai for "Get over it" by now?

Liked

I'm confused. There are millions of people on facebook. How did your friend come across the photos? Lord, that much facetime?? What are you thinking?

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

quite clever on his part, lotsa face saving, so its not your fault that you strayed, not your fault that your current boy is not good enough to prevent u from straying...its all the magics fault

7. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (September 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I'm confused. There are millions of people on facebook. How did your friend come across the photos? Lord, that much facetime?? What are you thinking?
    I am a bit puzzled about that. I have two theories. My new friend was in my room several times and my Android Tablet was on and he could have seen my Facebook when I was in the shower etc. Not sure why he might contact my boyfriend but it’s possible. He also had over 3,500 friends on Facebook so there is scope for mutual friends to have seen something.

At the time trying to ask my boyfriend was impossible as he was so upset and now I don’t want to bring the subject up again.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Dear god. Haven't you learned the phrase in Thai for "Get over it" by now?
    One of the frustrations of conversations with my boyfriend is the way things go so rapidly off topic. At one point I made the mistake of saying “Don’t be silly”. That produced the reply “What silly?” and suddenly I’m off on an attempted explanation of what “silly” means. I speak some Thai but not “heat of the moment, argument Thai”.

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (September 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Surely a very apt time to use that much loved Thai phrase that they so enjoy using to us when they simply can't be bothered dealing with our neurosis and simply turn to him to him and say "you tink too much", change the topic to something else and move on. If they think that can work for them then it sure as hell can work for us sometimes too !

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

By the way you are forgetting of course that you did absolutely nothing wrong and in fact HE is the one who should be apologising to you !

Your deal ( if I understand it correctly) was "tell him nothing, he doesn't want to know" he then spotted a pic on SOMEONE ELSE'S facebook page and decided to message them and started a whole investigative digging episode about you and that boy - YOU weren't involved in any of that and he shouldn't have gone searching for answers that he said he didn't want to know about in the first place !

It sounds to me more like YOU are the one who's entitled to feel aggrieved and that's its more YOU who should be giving off to him perhaps !

And even if I'm wrong they do say that the first line of defence is attack so if you're sick of getting shit about this ( i.e you doing nothing he didn't already actually know about anyway but he just chose to pretend not too!) then I suggest a swift turning of the tables and you stop letting him get away with playing the "ohhh I'm so hurt card" - when it was HIM who has caused this entire situation by being nosey and stalking you on facebook in the first place !

I'm assuming that this isn't your first rodeo with a drama playing Thai boy - if so, time to get smart and play them at their own game perhaps !

Liked

NIrish guy, you tink too much.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (September 11th, 2018)