Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Boys and Weather.

Liked

Re: Tales of Boys and Weather.

Dreamboys had about 18 boys on stage, X-Boys about 16, Toy Boys over 20, Nice Boys over 20 but Kawai, Cupidol, A-Bomb and Eros were in the low numbers. Only to be expected.

Liked

BBB are now charging 350 baht for the pleasure of seeing boys in jeans and watching their tired show.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They can charge 3,500 baht for all I care.

4. User who gave Like to post:

llz (September 11th, 2018)

Liked

Yep. Me too. It's always been a once a year visit bar for me.

Liked

I've also given up on BBB.

They seem to have changed their business model to suit their new clientele - Chinese women who are uncomfortable with too much flesh.

Nice Boys appears to be the go-to bar for hands-on fun and has now eclipsed Eros. I can see why, as I found the guys in Eros less attractive.

7. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 11th, 2018), christianpfc (September 13th, 2018), dab69 (October 4th, 2018), paborn (September 11th, 2018), Patanawet (September 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    They seem to have changed their business model to suit their new clientele - Chinese women who are uncomfortable with too much flesh.
    I'm not sure why there are still comments that seem to suggest any changes to their business model are recent, they quite clearly and blatantly changed that over 2 years ago, had they not changed to suit the requirements for their main customer base......Chinese, males/females and generally the same clientele from the other 'well off' Asian countries the place would have been finished a long time ago. They have huge overheads and lots of wage packets to fill. Farang business has been unable to fulfil that requirement for some considerable time. The same goes for Toyboys and XBoys as well as all Surawong, Bkk based boy bars.

Thankfully the closures of gogo bars in Pattaya that used to attract Farang based custom may have allowed the remaining one's to keep open...Winner, Nice B, Power, Eros in Sunee and Cupidol, Dreamboys in Pattayaland. Even here I noticed on my last trip more Asian customers at Winner and Nice Boys finding their way there through apps/google/smartphone tech. I am in Thailand/pattaya later this month and hope that trend is on the up so we can at least hold on to what is still there.

Appreciate the updates arsenal.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (September 11th, 2018), werner (October 2nd, 2018)

Liked

And I believe 360 Degrees Bar is re-opening soon. Anyway I ran out of time before I ran out of boys I wanted to off but I laid down a few markers for next time. Jomtien had nothing for me.

Liked

I didn't say, or even suggest, anywhere in my post that the change to the business model happened recently.

As you have pointed out, it happened a number of years ago, something I reported on back then.

I have also said a number of times that like Dreamboys in Bangkok, it was an excellent business move, one which I would have made were I the owner.

The only relatively recent change is the bar's policy of having the guys standing on stage fully dressed, as opposed to standing in their underwear.

When I asked why, I was told that there had been a police crackdown. I think A Chinese customer would get a different answer.

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (September 11th, 2018)

Liked

Correct a447 - not even a once a year bar for me. I gave up on them about three years ago. Others, like Toy Boys, accommodate the Chinese women and the need for cash but do it in a framework that allows my fun and acknowledges me as a valued customer.

14. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (September 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I didn't say, or even suggest, anywhere in my post that the change to the business model happened recently.
    'Said today'
    Quote Originally Posted by a447
    they seemed to have changed their business model to suit their new clientele, Chinese women who are uncomfortable with too much flesh
    Quote Originally Posted by a447
    The only relatively recent change is the bar's policy of having the guys standing on stage fully dressed, as opposed to standing in their underwear.
    You mentioned above a recent 'business model' change, but their current one has been in effect for some considerable time as already agreed. The mention about boys fully clothed is not a change to their business model it is a change to accommodate local authority whims, which along with their flexible/fluid pricing/offing procedures occurs on one of their own whims. Those aspects change week to week, day to day, and is not a 'business model' change, that was the point.

Like others here the BBB agogo set-up along with their many varying, daily/weekly pricing changes is never going to get me through the door, and of course most likely my business won't be missed by them, but that's been my attitude to BBB for many years now. That said, we do like their outside terrace offering, with a decent panorama (when the area is busy) and being able to interact with staff without all the drinks/tips/waiter/boy/off pressure as found 'inside'. A bottle set-up on the terrace we find to be one of the best pattaya bar spots.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    I believe 360 Degrees Bar is re-opening soon
    I'll certainly give 360 a visit when I arrive later this month if it's open by then.

16. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (September 11th, 2018)