Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: superrich @ bkk

Liked

superrich @ bkk

Arriving in thailand next week and would like to get some cash exchanged to pay the taxi etc before leaving for pattaya , How easy is it to find the supperich shop @bkk which i belive is on the lower ground floor,

Banned
    Liked

Re: superrich @ bkk

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Arriving in thailand next week and would like to get some cash exchanged to pay the taxi etc before leaving for pattaya , How easy is it to find the supperich shop @bkk which i belive is on the lower ground floor,
    It’s next to the ticket sales for the Airport Link but I have a feeling it’s inside the ticket barriers. Can’t be 100% certain about that

Liked

I think this is still accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI3X_rU6vCs

Liked

Going down the escalator towards the airport skytrain link ticket barriers look to your left. At far left (usually with a queue) is a Superrich. To the right of that is a kiosk with red plastic trim which often has a better rate and a shorter queue. Inside the ticket barriers is another superrich I think. I don't know their opening hours but they are all open evenings too.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    Going down the escalator towards the airport skytrain link ticket barriers look to your left. At far left (usually with a queue) is a Superrich. To the right of that is a kiosk with red plastic trim which often has a better rate and a shorter queue. Inside the ticket barriers is another superrich I think. I don't know their opening hours but they are all open evenings too.
    Not open early morning as I recall. I went to collect someone at Swampy off an overnight flight, maybe around 7am as far as I recall, and it wasn't open then

Liked

Glad to know its airport side of the ticket barrier.

Liked

Funny enough there are actually two Superrichs, an orange one and a green one, that I assume operate independently. Both offer competitive rates nevertheless. You may plan ahead check out the rates at their website http://www.superrich1965.com/en_index.html or https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en It could be a coincidence but the Head Office usually has the best rate but the airport branch has the longest office hours (06:30 to 22:00 I think not sure)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsumbear View Post
    Funny enough there are actually two Superrichs, an orange one and a green one ...
    The orange one is for NIrish

9. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (September 8th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There are actually 3 (THREE) different SR s in BKK, after a quarrel in the Chinese family. Identified by their colours-orange, green and white+blue. GREEN has the (slightly) best rates, all 3 are very close with the others near the BigC on Rajdamri.
    ONLY the orange has expanded a lot , In and out of BKk and has dozens of small exchanges, though they all offer shorter opening times and slightly lower rates as the original main HQ. Nothing to worry about.
    In that section, which is run by Thai Railways, the otherwise cartel-corrupt same rates for any bank do not apply and there are 6 or 8 small exchanges, SR has the name, but just dont be blind yourself (and the 10000s of Chinese waiting not in line), just check for your currency and take one with no Qs. The big difference is usually for the ASEAN cash currency-I assume you dont have that.
    SO the only thing to know is: LOWest floor, RAILLink, just beside.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 13th, 2018)

Liked

There are about 8~10 booths at the airport terminal.

Hopefully you already checked the exchange rates on line before getting there, so you have an idea about what is competitive.
    Check prices on all the booths, as they do not all offer the same rate.
    The one with the biggest queue is likely to be competitive, but you will most likely get the same rate with at least one of the others that has no queue.

There are other places in Bangkok. For example, there is a Super Rich in the Silom Centre. However, I would change it all at the airport rail link, if their rates remain as competitive as on my last trip.