Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Alternative destinations

Liked

Re: Alternative destinations

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    Have many members visited the Toolbox bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia? what were your experiences there? Are the cute guys offable?

I have heard from some Forum members that the cutest and hottest Cambodia guys are actually in Pattaya.
    The cutest and hottest Cambodian guys are definately in Phnom Penh from my perspective!

We offed one of the staff from Toolbox to take him to the disco 2 hours before the end of his shift
    Cost to buy him out was $10

It wasn't called an "off" and there was no sex spoken about (or expected/delivered) but I'm sure if that's what you were after it could also be arranged... as long as the chemistry was right on both sides i.e. The boys are not directly for sale afaik, but arrangements could definitely be made.
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    And the winner, gentlemen, is Kansas City

Attachment 7991
    Wow....all these years I have thought Kansas City put the "B" in Boredom, while apparently it put the "P" in er, uhmm, well...….

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 22nd, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    Have many members visited the Toolbox bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia? what were your experiences there? Are the cute guys offable?
    I have attended Toolbox bar the last four nights and will return again tonight. Some of the Thailand bars should check out Toolbox and see how to make a bar more fun and more entertaining.

There are energetic dance routines every 15 minutes from 10pm by three or four hot guys who obviously really enjoy performing. The very friendly dancers and attractive staff mingle with the customers and do not ask for drinks but are very appreciative if you buy them a drink. I have not seen any staff playing with their phones which i really dislike in some bars.

colmx answered the question about offing. Not everyone is available but you can discuss with the guys or with Doug the owner of the bar. Some of the Cambodian customers are looking for cash and i met one at my hotel who messaged me on grindr, a very hot guy who likes playing pool with his shirt off.

I walked past the Blue Chilli bar a few times but the staff were not my type, more average build and i am over the ladyboy shows. I might have a look in Heart of Darkness club tonight but i heard it has been very quiet there lately. It is my last night so i will take some of the Toolbox staff to Blueline club, they are very keen to go so it should be a good night there.

5. 8 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 22nd, 2018), christianpfc (September 27th, 2018), colmx (September 27th, 2018), goji (October 20th, 2019), greenman (October 19th, 2019), Jellybean (September 24th, 2018), paborn (September 24th, 2018), splinter1949 (October 21st, 2019)

Liked

Thanks again guys for all the posts,looks like Phnom penh next year,always wanted to visit and some of the posts help ,thank you + the bloody brexit negotiations depends how the pound and exchange rates are

Liked

This is a bit late for the OP, but for anyone else reading though the thread, Cebu (Phillipines) is a place where contacts via apps are easily possible. Unfortunately it is not really a tourist destination so unless your business trips take you there, there is not much to recommend it. However it's a transport hub so you might be stopping over on the way to another island. Mango Square is the area where many mid-range hotels are situated. There are several clubs with male dancers but that is not my scene so I cannot suggest one over another.

Liked

Cebu does have an interesting range of cute boys on the phone apps. Some are just after sex not money and the ones who are working are well happy with tips of 50~66% of Pattaya levels.
    There is not much else going for it, other than it being somewhere new.

Phnom Penh is more agreeable than Cebu, but finding working boys is more trouble. Although some take $20 or $30, others won't go for less than $50. However, sauna visits are highly recommended, as the locals tend to see white skin as desirable, so even people like me can pick up cute lads just for the fun of it, with no money expected.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Mango Square is the area where many mid-range hotels are situated.
    Just for clarity for those thinking of visiting - I was told that the main Mango square area is now a mere shadow of what it was bar wise and that the bar area has shifted down towards the docks area. It was a farang who'd told me that and personally I found it hard to believe and I have tried to check with a few PH friends from there but never got a clear answer, so perhaps someone could confirm ??

Also whilst as mentioned Cebu isn't exactly a tourist mecca there are a few decent(fish) malls etc and the apps will have you busy from morning to night if that's your preference ( almost TOO much actually !). Also there are many beautiful beaches and mountain areas not very far from Cebu and if you pick up a knowledgeable local I'm sure they can show you a good time.

One note of caution though in the Cebu is located in area area considered to be a possible risk to foreigners due to Muslim kidnap gangs etc ( and general robbery and the likes too) so it's defintely a place to check out about before you go and to be aware of what's going on there. Saying that when I last went for a 5 day trip I a ball, but that was more down to the guys I met and how busy the Apps were !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Just for clarity for those thinking of visiting - I was told that the main Mango square area is now a mere shadow of what it was bar wise and that the bar area has shifted down towards the docks area. It was a farang who'd told me that and personally I found it hard to believe and I have tried to check with a few PH friends from there but never got a clear answer, so perhaps someone could confirm ??
    I'm not sure what the Mango square area WAS like, but a couple of years ago, I didn't see any gay bars there. The gay bars on google maps were quite some distance away & had poor reviews. As the phone apps were getting good results, that's what I used. Now if I figured the bars might be something like the picture below, particularly the second from the left, then I might have made more of an effort.
    I stayed about 5 minutes walk from the Ayala shopping mall & would probably do so on any future visit.

At the time, there were only UK travel warnings for the south of the island, not Cebu city.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're right, the bars in Mango Square weren't "gay bars" in any respect as we'd expect to find in Pattaya (or elsewhere), BUT the key point was that outside the bars was where all the ladyboys / hookers hung out and THAT attracted a fairly mixed edgy crowd, including plently of gay guys, who were there for a night out and to enjoy the more relaxed tolerant atompshere it seems ( although being the PH's sometimes they preferred to be a little more discrete and weren't "gay" until maybe later as I found out . But the (few) bars that where there were lively enough and several had a good mix of both gay and straight customers in them - whether they be out or otherwise.

Re safety you are correct that it is more the Southern part of the PH's that tends to be the big no no area ( and even more so of late !) and Cebu City itself is usually said to be reasonably safe, after reading plently of various news articles from there I think that that reasonably should be taken as being with a small "r" perhaps - especially around Mango Square where a lot of the homeless hang out etc. I was also told locally there by said hookers mentioned above NOT to walk to my hotel from the bar ( which was only 5 minutes away) and to be sure to take a taxi ( note I did end up walking it most nights with no issue but I think their advice was sound).

I did note however that the local Cebu Police Chief had issued a statement back in Janurary of this year reassuring tourists of their safety and that he had now beefed up security to absolutely ensure their safety over Singulog etc - so, THAT to me would be enough usually to confirm just how safe ( or otherwise) THEY think the place REALLY is when they feel the need to even issue such statement.

I'm guessing that most dangers in Cebu City are more just from the usual everyday mugging type crimes, but there have also been instances of kidnappings either happening or being planned after people have started off from the City on trips etc so like everywhere in the PH's it's probably advisable just to be aware of your surroundings in general so as not to stray too far in the wrong direction.

Saying that I would happily go back as I enjoyed myself ( althogh that was more down to the Company I found rather than the sightseeing), but I did go for several longish walks without incident ( although as it got darker looking back I'm not just sure just how wise that may have been to be honest) but, I would go back.

I think thats the trouble with the PH's, it can all feel so hit and miss safety wise. For instance when I was in Davao last year (which is deep in the South) I was STRONGLY advised by PH friends to absolutely not to cross onto the islands there, but I witnessed a few other white guys doing exactly that without any apparent issue. However then just last week I read of a farang and his PH wife being kidnapped not that far from that location after only arriving there that very same day .......so I guess like everything, you travel ATYR, but always better at least knowing what you're letting yourself in for I guess.......hmmmm, or actually even sometimes NOT maybe, depends on your outlook on life I guess.