List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Break-up of United Kingdom closer than ever.

Liked

Break-up of United Kingdom closer than ever.

A poll commissioned by a Unionist organisation has found that support for Scotland remaining in a post Brexit UK in any circumstances is down to just 43%.

Even more astonishingly, in Northern Ireland it's just 39% to remain in post Brexit UK and (in a separate question) 56% in NI would back a united Ireland over a Brexit UK which encompassed a hard border in Ireland.

Little wonder the British establishment has been smearing as fast as it can, with the BBC (whose Board in now controlled by UK Govt appointees) is being used to instantly close down Independence supporting You Tube channels by serving copyright notices (which don't even apply to news coverage, under "fair use") whilst disregarding or tipping off Unionist channels hosting the same material

Liked

Re: Break-up of United Kingdom closer than ever.

Some posts in this thread have been moved to the Holding Room.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...?20268-Scandal

Liked

I seriously doubt there had been any responses - see the timeline - and I see nothing in the Holding Room which relates to this thread

Liked

Oops!

You are correct, SG.

The posts were moved from the thread "Scandal Rocks The Scottish National Party"

That's what you get when typing on an iPhone with big fingers! I must have clicked on the thread below.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was going to ask have you the source for that poll SG - but of course as polls are famously usually bollicks anyway dont bother - but I can tell you being on the ground so to speak that those numbers ( re the NI part ) purely from a gut reaction just dont feel anywhere near right - but I guess it all depends on what and how they asked the questions of course. To be fair though I will concede that I've heard more two room chatter re "would you do if" type scenarios and whilst all sorts of "what if's" come up things "usually" end up roughly back where they started BUT Brexit could of course change a lot of views and i think everyone IS a bit more minded to keep their options open than the NEVER NEVER NEVER lines before....well the moderates anyway....but do I think they'll be out taking down the Union flag anytime soon here, no, I honestly don't think so. I mean they used to say this sort of stuff about Hong Kong and about how it one day wouldn't be British anymore but hey that didn't happ..........hmmmm.....ohhh SHIT !! lol

Speaking personally and as a Unionist - I'm nearly 50, I've lived through the shit, defended my Country, did the whole bit, life on the line blah bah blah, now.......fucking WHATEVER, I'm almost past caring - they're all a pack of twats who most certainly dont give a toss about ME or my life so I really dont care anymore - whichever Government promises to tax me less and leave me the fuck alone that'll probably do me now !

For Cod and Ulster - No Suspenders !

Liked

It was a poll published yesterday by Deltapoll (who are members of the British Polling Council same as YouGov etc) and it was commissioned for a Unionist group called Best for Britain. Sample was just over 1000

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It was a poll published yesterday by Deltapoll (who are members of the British Polling Council same as YouGov etc) and it was commissioned for a Unionist group called Best for Britain. Sample was just over 1000
    Anyone who can recall the abysmal record of British opinion pollsters during the last general election (when people were actually voting rather than being asked a hypothetical question) will give this sort of poll the credence it deserves

I find it fascinating that the same people who want independence from a common market of England, Wales (including Swansea) and Northern Ireland and some control from London, at the same time want to retain membership of a common market of the continental EC countries with some control from Brussels. Imagine the practical implementation of the England/Scotland customs border given the difficulties being encountered settling the tiny Ulster/Eire border negotiations. As I say, I hope it happens; it will provide more than enough schadenfreude to see out my lifetime

Liked

Whether you accept the polls in Scotland and Northern Ireland or not , is no skin off my nose whatsoever. All I would take from them is the direction of travel - hence the title of the thread.

As for the suggestion that the big bad EU would be much worse for Scotland than those benevolent Brexiteers like Creepy Rees-Mogg and Buffoon Johnson - well, that did make me laugh.

On coping with Borders - the rest of the world seems to manage and I really believe that if the English put their minds to it, and with a bit of luck, they’ll be able to muddle through. At least they’ll have shiny blue passports again which they can use to travel abroad for health care when they find their NHS has collapsed as it’s become impossible to staff without Johnny Foreigner

Banned
    Liked

Whether you accept the polls in Scotland and Northern Ireland or not , is no skin off my nose whatsoever. All I would take from them is the direction of travel - hence the title of the thread.
    We are as one on that
    On coping with Borders - the rest of the world seems to manage and I really believe that if the English put their minds to it they’ll be able to muddle through.
    Still expecting the English to sort out your problems for you? Why would the English care about the problems of a scattered population one-third the size of their largest city? Seal the border and let the Scots sort it out for themselves

Banned
    Liked

... benevolent Brexiteers like Creepy Rees-Mogg ...
    I do love what appears to be Rees-Mogg's complete contempt for the female voter. He seems to believe that the role of the wife is to be a breeding machine, the results looked after by a female nanny and the housework done by female servants. Sadly my one-room walk up with cold water flat here in Swansea doesn't support servants. Heavens, I still rely on a 56K dial-up modem for my Internet access