List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to sell to gays (separated posts from another thread)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: News from Siamroads.com - gay guides and companions in South East Asia.

I did actually just go on to the GLADD website there as you'd mentioned for a quick look at how they presented themselves ( very professionally btw) .......and found mainly just normal every day news / photo op pics being used. I think perhaps you're maybe slightly underestimating your client base somewhat to suggest that by simply putting cute guy bodies in an Ad it's a sure way to get attention or sell your product - perhaps if you're selling lubes and condoms maybe, but "professional services" hmmm perhaps not....but I guess that all depends on the images used. Many solictors are using gay themed Ad pics now to attract gay customers but that tends to be more "smart" Ad's with either humour or Culture pics perhaps rather than some guy with come fuck me eyes and sweat running down his chest maybe.

Anyway, you seem to have it all worked out and your "gays buy by eyes" seems to be your sure and certain route for your sales drive so I'll just leave you to it and wish you all the best with it, I would just also add that based on the Ad's companies use "gays may also judge said companies and their product by their eyes" too of course.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 31st, 2018), Moses (August 31st, 2018), paborn (August 31st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    NG, #1 rule of marketing at "gay market": GAYS BUY BY EYES (check GLAAD library). If I need "sales" - I have to show photos
    perhaps you need to spend a bit more time on the GLAAD library site and with your Marketing 101 course book (if you ever had one) so you can begin to see the fundamental flaws in your reasoning here that lead you to post some of the images and text that you do - or are you just like many of the commercial sex venue operators that like to be able to, hand on heart but knowing full well, claim their business is not a front for prostitution, what their staff do with customers is beyond their control?

bkkguy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    ... to suggest that gay people are SO shallow that they wouldn't make that distinction could actually be classed as just a little insulting to some...
    I've always worked on the assumption that when it comes to matters involving sex it's actually not possible to insult gay people - as most of them would turn a chair upside down and bounce on one of the legs if that's all that was available.

Liked

Re: How to sell to gays (separated posts from another thread)

Just a suggestion: look at the thread again. This is a quote from Nirish Guy that I was responding to. My response is, while less graphic, not far from yours.

Liked

Fair enough - can't change it now though

7. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (September 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Also just for the record if "I" wanted to rent a PROFESSIONAL tour guide I wouldn't care WHAT he looked like as I'm renting him for his knowledge not his looks and to suggest that gay people are SO shallow that they wouldn't make that distinction could actually be classed as just a little insulting to some.
    If hiring a PROFESSIONAL but cute tour guide, with no chance of any nookie, then is there not the risk that any prospective boys might think you're already hooked up for the day ?

In my case, this is all hypothetical. I've managed to find my way around for over 50 years & now there are GPS enabled smartphones to make it even easier.

Liked

Well, I agree with you - I hope people stop attributing Nirish's quote to me.