List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to sell to gays (separated posts from another thread)

Liked

How to sell to gays (separated posts from another thread)

well if he is working for a reputable legitimate business like Siamroads I assume he is a suitably qualified national of the country he is working in or at least is in that country with the appropriate visa and/or work permit and also has the local knowledge to work as a guide - after all I certainly would not like my Siamroads guided holiday spoiled by a police raid for illegal workers or an incompetent guide

and I have always been surprised that a reputable legitimate business like Siamroads which spends so much time stressing that its guides are not just sex workers feels the need to stress the attractiveness of its "guides"

bkkguy

2. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (August 29th, 2018)

Liked

Re: News from Siamroads.com - gay guides and companions in South East Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post

and I have always been surprised that a reputable legitimate business like Siamroads which spends so much time stressing that its guides are not just sex workers feels the need to stress the attractiveness of its "guides"

bkkguy
    Well, marketing is marketing. When you hire your guide online, you can see only text and images. Promises in the text may be quite far from reality, but images will give truth to you even if they are "fixed by Photoshop". You will never know how knowledgeable is your guide until you'll meet him, but at least you know how your guide looks like

If you "buying cat in the box" then at least you know: you are buying cute cat

Oh, yes, forgot to mention: everything is OK at official side - ID's, licenses and so on.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If you "buying cat in the box" then at least you know: you are buying cute cat
    I guess Schrodinger will be happy to learn that

Liked

Yeah, I might get another copy and paste PM from Jellybean if I keep this up.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, I might get another copy and paste PM from Jellybean if I keep this up.
    I'm reminded of that JPG "Let's pretend I give a shit and leave it at that"

url.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have Well, with at least one of them :-)

PS Moses if you REALLY want your guys to be taken as professional tour guides maybe it would be a good idea to stop advertising them as something more closely looking like a hookers contact Ad ? That might avoid the confusion alot of people seem to have - or maybe that's all part of the "sell" - and if so they / you would be better just being upfront about that and stop playing both camps of "professional guide, sex not part of the deal !" - and then - "but hey what they do after tour nothing to do with me" line - just a thought.

Of course it IS correct that it's nothing to do with you, but when you post their pics as something other than "professional tour guide`' shots it causes that confusion and to me anyway actually devalues the guys professionalism as a prospective guide as it just feels like you're hiring an off duty high end bar guy or whatever to show you around when he's not busy elsewhere perhaps - which I'm sure ( I trust) isn't the case for some / most of the guys, but when "sexy" pics are used to advertise their services it can do nothing but add to that feeling perhaps.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I have Well, with at least one of them :-)

PS Moses if you REALLY want your guys to be taken as professional tour guides maybe it would be a good idea to stop advertising them as something more closely looking like a hookers contact Ad ? That might avoid the confusion alot of people seem to have - or maybe that's all part of the "sell" - and if so they / you would be better just being upfront about that and stop playing both camps of "professional guide, sex not part of the deal !" - and then - "but hey what they do after tour nothing to do with me" line - just a thought.

Of course it IS correct that it's nothing to do with you, but when you post their pics as something other than "professional tour guide`' shots it causes that confusion and to me anyway actually devalues the guys professionalism as a prospective guide as it just feels like you're hiring an off duty high end bar guy or whatever to show you around when he's not busy elsewhere perhaps - which I'm sure ( I trust) isn't the case for some / most of the guys, but when "sexy" pics are used to advertise their services it can do nothing but add to that feeling perhaps.
    NG, #1 rule of marketing at "gay market": GAYS BUY BY EYES (check GLAAD library). If I need "sales" - I have to show photos

By the way: if you want to observe "all at once" - you can check Siamroads Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/siamroads/
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Moses;248698 If I need "sales" - I have to show photos [/QUOTE]

Yes but surely if you're trying to sell PROFESSIONAL tour guide services your company could request your guides to supply professional pictures and ones that don't make your guys look like something closer to rent boys thus avoiding any possible confusion that might cause for them with clients - unless that IS of course the intention of the pics all along I guess....but hey, I'm not complaining, cute guy pics are always fine with me, as to whether your pics make me think of your company as a "professional" tour guide company, well that I guess is a whole other matter. However as I can only surmise that as that's the type of pics you've requested from your guys or is the type they've preferred to send you that both they and you are happy enough for that "confusion" to exist in the first place.....which if it's good for business then I guess why not, but again as to whether it makes them or your company look "professional" well.......I guess everyone will make their own minds up about that.

Also just for the record if "I" wanted to rent a PROFESSIONAL tour guide I wouldn't care WHAT he looked like as I'm renting him for his knowledge not his looks and to suggest that gay people are SO shallow that they wouldn't make that distinction could actually be classed as just a little insulting to some.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (August 31st, 2018), Blueskytoday (August 31st, 2018)

Liked

Also just for the record if "I" wanted to rent a PROFESSIONAL tour guide I wouldn't care WHAT he looked like as I'm renting him for his knowledge not his looks and to suggest that gay people are SO shallow that they wouldn't make that distinction could actually be classed as just a little insulting to some.

While I want to agree with you; admiting to being "shallow" is hard; I must confess that Moses has a point. On every gay board I have ever been on when the topic of tipping comes up there is, very often, admissions that the cuter the waiter ( all things being equal ) the bigger the tip. As long as there is an assurance of competence knowing your market is just good business.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I must confess that Moses has a point.
    Check link in my post above to historical library of almost all gay-targeted advertisement what collected by GLAAD... even when product isn't clothes world brands still use male body for to sell to customers... "Gays buy by eyes"...

I think I will separate this thread late to "Siamroads news" and to "How to sell to gays" )

13. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 31st, 2018)