Doubt this will provide any useful info, because nobody else knows either, not even my Canadian bank.

Don't have any bitcoin at the moment (apparently, I'm going legitimate), and need to send my husband some money. I figured a wire transfer was the best way, I have his account#, SWIFT code, his name and address, bank name and address.

What I don't have, and am sure I need, is some type of branch or routing number. Asked for it, so Leo went to his bank, and they printed out a page with all info needed. Instead of a branch / routing number, I got a "Telex No". It's two 4 digit numbers separated by a comma.

I have no clue what this is, and have never heard about a "Telex" number in my life. My father says it was technology used back when he was a teenager, and he's nearing 70 now. I called my bank, the guy had no idea, so he asked his supervisor, and he had no idea either. They basically just said, "give the wire transfer a try, and see what happens".

Does anyone know what the hell a Telex# is? I don't want to send Western Union, as the fees are outrageous.

I think I'll probably just buy some bitcoin, and fire it off to a Thailand bank account which acts as a payment service similar to Western Union for Laos folk. Works great, and cheap. Even with all the fees of buying bitcoin, sending it to a Thai bank account, and that payment service taking their fee, it's still going to be about half of what Western Union would charge.

How the fuck is Western Union still in business?