Quote Originally Posted by mahjongguy View Post
"An additional note to the Executors with contact details"

Name in Thai and English alphabets,Thai ID number,Thai passport number (if any),Address in Thai language where he is registered (blue book),His Thai bank, branch address, account name and number
All good advice, but I guess the problem is how do you go about getting all that info ( unless you're very sneaky and do it over a period of months perhaps) without letting the guy know the reason for your enquiry as to same. Of course the logical answer to that is that if you're actually thinking of leaving something to the guy then it's probably fair to assume that you already trust and like him enough for it not to be a problem in being open and honest about your plans, however I think for me personally I think I'd also be wanting to be sure he noted the ( low) amount of the transaction intended so that if not he but some broke relative upon hearing on his lottery ticket didn't decide to hurry on your demise to cash in their 'winnings" perhaps !?

Always a difficult question to address and one that I've pondered myself over the years and I'm glad to see it raised and being discussed openly on the board. Maybe with any luck this IS a topic we can maybe keep on track for a while perhaps due to it's levity ?!

Oh one other thing I've often wondered about was in the case of me UK solicitor not being able to find or verify said boy to suggest to him that he could ( or definitely should NOT ??!!) use a Thai lawyer to find the boy, but after hearing so many horror stories there too about Thai lawyers scamming the hell out of all concerned to line their own pockets I wonder is that considered a good idea or not too !?