Many years ago Smiles coined the phrase about one of the then advertising links on SGT - "the Cornucopia of Filth". So I'll happily use that word even though it's three syllables longer than many of our members can handle

I sat down last evening, avoiding the SGT nest of vipers, to read the latest edition of The Atlantic - and what a cornucopia of stimulating thoughts it is. There's a collection of articles about our work and social lives, including the tools Big Brother is using to spy on us at work - assuming we're still working. One of them mentions the applications that can be used by employers to spy on their employees; one is via the latest, greatest workplace chat tool Slack. There's an add-on called Vibe that can assess the mood of a workplace team based not only on what they write but also the emojis they use. Another article discusses our personal social networks and reaffirms that the most utilitarian social circle is little more than 100 (some scholarly articles mention 150). That's certainly true of SGT for example, where a significant number of regular posters are on my Ignore list because I find their posts of no value. I hope that I also figure on their Ignore lists, but based on what I read when I scan the What's New list if I forget to log in that's a vain hope. Laziness? Masochism? In passing I wonder how many members realise the rich trove of metadata SGT is collecting about each of us every time we log on? IP address only?! Pfft. That's not how they work out if a poster is a duplicate

And in the spirit of On the Internet nobody knows you're a dog there's an article on how Afghan boys are creating false female profiles so they can befriend and chat to girls

Ah, life's rich tapestry