Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scandal Rocks The Scottish National Party

Liked

Re: Scandal Rocks The Scottish National Party

I have broken my rule by viewing your post.

You are correct, I have no respect for a “due process” which allows for no defence against life-ruining allegations which have not been tested to the standard which would be required in a criminal Court (i.e. beyond reasonable doubt).

Frankly I don’t see why you would expect me to respect it. Especially if the “due process” seeking to ruin a life was not even in place at the time the accused person was in post - apart from all the other valid concerns, it’s retrospective regulation!!

I will not be replying to or reading any further from you.

Good Day!

Liked

The longer this drags on, the more damage will be done to the Scottish National Party. I also question the morals of those who donated to the crowdfund appeal.

Banned
    Liked

Let's be realistic; the sole purpose for this thread is arsenal's vendetta against scottish-guy. Salmonella's sex life is a distraction to the main poilitical story of this and the last few weeks - the Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn's alleged anti-semitism. That threatens to do what the Salmonella's sideshow can never achieve - splitting a major political party. Here's the latest episode in that saga - https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...emitism-crisis

The other crisis (unspoken because the politically-correct brigade are terrified of being accused of any form of -ism) is the age of Corbyn and his circle. Assuming the next election is held when it should be, both Corbyn and most of his inner circle will be older than the standard retirement age in the UK - and older than any cabinet since Churchill's. Don't mention it - you could be accused of ageism

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ... the sole purpose for this thread is arsenal's vendetta against scottish-guy...
    I assumed that almost went without saying - of course he only started the thread because he knew I'd reply and I doubt he really believes that a person should be able to be destroyed on the basis of unsubstantiated allegations, without even knowing the substance of those allegations or allowed to submit evidence on his own behalf. The position he is espousing is simply designed to keep the pot boiling.

However, if he does believe that, then it's a very strange tack from a sex tourist attracted to young male prostitutes in a country where anything can be alleged at any time and where any notion of justice is far removed from our own. He ought to hope he never finds out.

Moving onto Corbyn - I don't see his travails as being a big story - I believe there is not a cat's chance in hell of England electing his party as the Govt and thus him as PM. He has struggled against the most rudderless and incompetent Govt and the worst and weakest PM since Callaghan. He carries far too much baggage with him from his 40 years as a left-wing supporter of unpopular causes - and yes, he is widely seen as too old even though, bizarrely, he draws substantial support from younger votes. Unfortunately these younger voters often don't actually bother to vote whereas over 60 gammons turn out to vote at the drop of a hat and the elderly postal vote is money in the bank for the Tories

His only chance of power is in a coalition or at least with the support of another party - and we can see how well that's worked out in recent years.

Liked

Liked

<snore>...

Liked

I'll try again.

Some posts in this thread have been moved to the Holding Room.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...?20268-Scandal

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 3rd, 2018)

Liked

If he keeps trying a447 can eventually post his messages in the right thread.