Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hotel in Chiang Mai

Liked

Re: Hotel in Chiang Mai

Been a long time since I was in Chiang Mai last, but it was mentioned it was recently renovated. In that case, I can recommend the Viangbua mansions as wel.

When I was there at least, was excellent, and couldn't beat it. Plus it's literally only about 100m down the street from Lotus hotel.

2. User who gave Like to post:

paulo15 (August 27th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Is this the Lotus Hotel that was part of the Adam's Apple complex? I thought it was closed down a few years ago?? My one & only experience at the Lotus wasn't a good one. Shower didn't work & toilet wouldn't flush and there were cigarette burns on the sheets. Better options elsewhere for the same price.

Liked

If it's the same Lotus hotel (and I'm sure it is) it was opposite Adam's Apple (across the soi) rather than part of it, and had a small outdoor bar area

5. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (August 28th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    If it's the same Lotus hotel (and I'm sure it is) it was opposite Adam's Apple (across the soi) rather than part of it, and had a small outdoor bar area
    yes, that's the one.

I've stayed there 3 times from memory and I never found reception unattended. And the room was ok, apart from one problem I encountered my last visit.

The room safe could not be unlocked. They sent up a guy with various keys and tools to unlock it, but to no avail. When I asked reception to call the manager, who had the master key, I was told he lived too far away and that I'd have to wait until the next day.

I later found out he lived 5 metres away, across the soi!

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (August 28th, 2018), goji (September 2nd, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Yes, that's the one. I meant it was part of the same business or may be not. There's an outdoor bar which never seems to have any customers.

Liked

It has nothing to do with Adam's Apple. It's on the other side of the street.

The bar : "Garden Bar" has a few customers having a drink or a coffee before going to Adam's. That's all.

The "manager" is the owner and lives in the buiding next door but the staff doesn't dare to disturb him.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Its glory days were in the 90s when I first visited. Adam's Apple was drawing a large crowd every night and had a fair share of twinks....where have they all gone? The punters included students from CMU who were sometimes cuter than the guys on stage. The Garden Bar would be busy before AA's typically late opening.
    Lotus had different classes of rooms (no two were alike), ranging from basic and cheap to average and reasonably well-appointed....but not luxurious. I was happy there on the four or five occasions I stayed.
    Once the old AA was no more, I stopped going to Lotus; travel into the centre of the city was always a problem and the two occasions I rented a car didn't help; I invariably ended-up doing multiple circuits of the one way system until I paid a tuk-tuk to lead me back to the hotel.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

As mentioned in the above post Adam's Apple was something very special back in the day, in my opinion it was the best gogo in Thailand. The boys didn't just appear on the stage they were part of theme acts like a baseketball team or boyscouts...alot of nudity and chok wow.....usually a full house. Like so many other gay venues in Thailand it has declined as it has changed ownership and not unlike Bangkok and Pattaya the decline of gay venues is very obvious to the point that I was a 3 or 4 time a year visitor to Chiang Mai and now view it as a waste of time.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (August 29th, 2018), paborn (August 28th, 2018)

Liked

Geez I'm getting old, I guess this would have been 10 years ago, I stayed in Chaing Mai for a few months.

Went to that Adam Apple's place a few times, and I don't know, but I didn't like it at all. I remember this one guy sat beside me, and started chatting me up. I just assumed he was a punter, maybe a manager, or just a friendly guy.

A few minutes into the chat, he proceeds to tell me he's a "boy". He looked like he was about 45.

14. User who gave Like to post:

goji (September 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Went to Adams Apple 18 years ago and hated it. My friends loved it.