Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Seriously, probably 80% of the new members who start one thread never come back ...
I'd be interested in seeing the statistics on this. Even if it is true - which I doubt - there would have to be some qualitative test also applied since at least two of the most recent newbies started threads about catching up for anonymous sex, never to be heard of again. Dare I suggest trolling? I doubt that the "robust discussions" that Forum hosts from time to time scared them away. I'm also very conscious of the hostility expressed towards me from time to time by some vocal members, but that hasn't stopped me from posting and I think any survey of posters who start threads would show that I'm among the more significant thread starters by number of threads. Some of my critics, on the other hand, almost never start a thread, but simply prefer to piggy-back. I won't bother going into a447's metrics of "Views" and "Likes", but he's another poster (with a very narrow focus) who pulls his weight when it comes to starting threads