List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed from those who are familiar with long-term stays.

Liked

Re: Advice needed from those who are familiar with long-term stays.

In some cases, airlines want to see onward flight details before checking one in. Theoretically, Thai immigration might check too.

One has not had this flying from London to BKK, as stays have so far been below 1 month. However, checks were made flying from the Philippines to KL.
    If I fly to Thailand with the return about 80 days later & have a 60 day visa which could be extended, is that going to be accepted as OK when flying to and entering Thailand ?

Liked

If you have a visa there should be no questions from airlines.

3. User who gave Like to post:

2lz2p (August 20th, 2018)

Liked

Correct, Airlines can be fined by the entry country and required to provide - without payment - your immediate return if you are denied entrty for reasons that they were required to check for when they checked you in.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I KNEW it ! So at last you admit it that when online here that most of the time you're actually Half Pyth'd !
    Princess Margaret, the Queen Mother and I all have much in common

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Your ability to know and predicate the actions of US immigration officials is astounding. I had thought their instructions and guidelines were delivered under secrete internaal directions. I must be wrong, however, as you never are.
    Well now paborn, you've had all the time you need to pull yourself out of your suicide dive but I see you've ignored the challenge. I guess it's all part of your "I'll avoid making a fool of myself twice in a row by acting the 5th without actually pleading it" strategy (if such a thing can be dignified as a "strategy")

Here's a quote from an official US government web site about Visa Waiver and ESTA - the two now are like conjoined twins. It's publicly available information by the way; "their instructions and guidelines" are not "delivered under secrete internal directions" - or even "secret" ones. Maybe they secrete them from their ass, which is where your thoughts appear to be secreted from

Quote Originally Posted by The Visa Waiver/ESTA guidelines
    When traveling to the U.S. with the approved ESTA, you may only stay for up to 90 days at a time - and there should be a reasonable amount of time between visits so that the CBP Officer does not think you are trying to live here. There is no set requirement for how long you must wait between visits.
    https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...ion-%28esta%29

Liked

Dear Freaky,

"I'm aware of at least one country on that list where what you are proposing would trigger alarm bells after the second or third consecutive visit, as the Immigration officer would be asking questions"

I'm aware, very aware, of our laws in this matter and they apply to all nations on the list. There is not one country that would set off these "alarm bells" any person from any country not complying with the out of country regulations would constitute an infraction.

"Maybe they secrete them from their ass, which is where your thoughts appear to be secreted from" Your intemperate words are the surest indication of your prickly attitude to all those who question you. You, in fact, exemplify: "a pseudointellectual is someone dishonestly or insincerely using the language, style, or topics of an intellectual, but who lacks the goals, morals, or the ability of a “genuine” intellectual. It is someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress, rather than modestly trying to find the truth – a focus on surface and rhetoric over content. These often involve a superficial understanding of a subject and condescension to the audience, as well as possible self-delusion (not being consciously dishonest, but rather sincerely thinking oneself to be behaving as a genuine intellectual despite one's incompetence). Who needs more proof than your pompous remark:

"helping the little people as my life's work in retirement," This says all anyone needs to know about your character.

"I'm tempted to add him to my Ignore list" Please! As of this moment you are on mine - so don't expect a reply

" Pythia, known as the Delphic Oracle both gave wise advice and foretold the future." Actually, Pythia delivered oracles in a frenzied state induced by vapors rising from a chasm in the rock, and that she spoke gibberish which priests interpreted " some scholars challenge this but it remains the consensus opinion and you are, indeed, Delphic in every pronouncement you make.

By the way, don't read so much into the time it takes for me to respond, you are, perhaps, not aware of time zones. I assume this from "Well now paborn, you've had all the time you need to pull yourself out of your suicide dive but I see you've ignored the challenge. I guess it's all part of your "I'll avoid making a fool of myself twice in a row by acting the 5th without actually pleading it" strategy (if such a thing can be dignified as a "strategy")" What the hell are you ranting about?

8. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (August 20th, 2018)

Liked

Just a quick thought to others. I know there will be rants and I'm sure some of you will agree with Frequent, but I won't be reading anything he posts any longer and I thank Francois for leading me to the other board where, remarkably, even those who post here manage to stay on topic and remain polte and helpfull. I read this on that board and it says a lot;

In the Buddhist spirit of this country we all adore, consider asking yourself these questions before posting in the forum...

1. Is it kind?
    2. Is it true?
    3. Is it useful?

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (August 20th, 2018), poshglasgow (August 25th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

paborn...Wasn't the freak recently banned?

Consider the us of the Red Triangle if you consider yourself even remotely insulted. I find it invaluable.

Liked

I was told so but it had no effect whatsoever. I'm not sure if I went too far in hitting back . But, no matter I'm done reading anything he says.

13. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 20th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do that for many years now, though i mainly stay in BKK. NOTE; If you plan to do the halfway break (then you do not need any pre-visa, but do carefully note the 30 day limit then!), then DO note Chin. NwYr=around 5/2/19, which plays havock to most transport and in the nearby other countries. Probably best to simply stay put that week.
    Cnmack needs to be informed that since some years Thai emb. ONLY give out single or multiple visa and no more the 2 or 3 times entry.
    if this is your very first time, I would advice to be flexible a bit and not prebook any accomm for that long-it may get boring, you may want to see some other Thai places etc. Thailand is made for spontaneous travel.
    If you choose one of the many gulfy cheap airlines, you may want to put in a few days stop-over at f.e. Dubai/AbuDhabi to have a look around or break up the trip. Except for the hotels this is usually free.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 22nd, 2018), christianpfc (August 24th, 2018)