List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed from those who are familiar with long-term stays.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Advice needed from those who are familiar with long-term stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    I don't know about the others, but the new immigration office that opened about a year ago in Hua Hin falls over backwards to be nice to people ... Basically there are two approaches to getting a tourist visa - get a 60 day one before you go, or just arrive and get a 30 day one on arrival.
    There's the OP's answer then - don't stay in Pattaya, go to Hua Hin instead. By the way there's no such thing (for most nationalities) as a 30 day visa on arrival. What you get is a 30-day exemption from requiring a visa at all or - slightly longer explanation - you get a permission to enter Thailand for a maximum of 30 days despite the fact that you don't have a visa. The nationals of a handful of countries are required to apply for a visa on arrival as their country is not in the visa exempt list, hence the "visa on arrival" signs displayed prominently at the airport

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

2lz2p (August 18th, 2018), francois (August 18th, 2018), poshglasgow (August 25th, 2018), Smiles (August 18th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Upmarket serviced apartments not too far from Jomtien Complex: http://www.royalparkjomtien.com/
    I'm very interested. Are they boy friendly?
    How much would you expect to pay per month for Electric and Water. I use air con a lot. Free where I stay.
    Thanks

Liked

If you google visa waiver program..you will see 38 countries that the U.S. has visa waiver's with...citizens of those countries can go to USA OR Americans can go to those listed countries and stay up to 90 days visa free, leave a day ,, or longer,,and return for another 90 days, and so on.....

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    If you google visa waiver program..you will see 38 countries that the U.S. has visa waiver's with...citizens of those countries can go to USA OR Americans can go to those listed countries and stay up to 90 days visa free, leave a day ,, or longer,,and return for another 90 days, and so on.....
    Once yes, twice maybe, "and so on" very unlikely. I'm aware of at least one country on that list where what you are proposing would trigger alarm bells after the second or third consecutive visit, as the Immigration officer would be asking questions about means of support, intentions about return to ordinary place of residence and so on. In other words, exactly the sort of questions the Thais start asking if someone has multiple back-to-back visa exemptions or tourist visas

Liked

Your ability to know and predicate the actions of US immigration officials is astounding. I had thought their instructions and guidelines were delivered under secrete internaal directions. I must be wrong, however, as you never are.

Liked

Our beloved freaky knows absolutely everything about everything. (LM laws excepted of course) We are indeed most fortunate to have him here as a 'go to' guy for advice on everything from turkey dinners to American immigration officials to British published media and everything inbetween. The boards Delphic Oracle. Hahaha.

8. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 18th, 2018)

Liked

Realising, as I did, that we had a real gem amongst us I tried to get a special Ask Freaky forum going. However he modestly declined preferring to swoop down on unsuspecting posters to offer his precious time and thoughts on their grammar, spelling, syntax and other linguistic shortcomings. He's special.

Banned
    Liked

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

11. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (August 18th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Your ability to know and predicate the actions of US immigration officials is astounding. I had thought their instructions and guidelines were delivered under secrete internaal directions. I must be wrong, however, as you never are.
    I was referring to US immigration officials, was I? Perhaps you can quote the section where I make a statement about US Immigration?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
    The trouser snake, as we all know, has only one eye

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Our beloved freaky knows absolutely everything about everything. (LM laws excepted of course) We are indeed most fortunate to have him here as a 'go to' guy for advice on everything from turkey dinners to American immigration officials to British published media and everything inbetween.
    I see helping the little people as my life's work in retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The boards Delphic Oracle.
    Hahaha indeed. Pythia, known as the Delphic Oracle both gave wise advice and foretold the future. I'm only half an oracle.

I'm going to be very interested to see paborn's citing of chapter and verse where I say what US Immigration officials do, but I'm not holding my breath. He's got "form" when it comes to failing to understand what posters actually say. I'm tempted to add him to my Ignore list, but he probably belongs in the MFAS category