Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: black gay in Thailand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: black gay in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    You shouldn't have any problems on the commercial sex scene where, as has been said, money rules. But prejudice against blacks does exist in Thailand. I had a friend who was an ebony-black American; he lived in Pattaya for several years but eventually returned to the US completely disillusioned with Thais and Thailand. He described disrespectful treatment in restaurants and shops, staring in the streets, that kind of thing. Some might have the personality to brush off such incidents but they ground my friend down in the end.
    I recall very clearly in 1993 seeing a restaurant on second road with a notice in the window that stated: "No Blacks!" It made me feel very uncomfortable. I thought... London circa 1950s??

I felt uncomfortable because it was a medical team of black nurses and doctors in Wolverhampton that saved my brother - a white senior police officer in the Met - when he was at death's door! They were black and knew that my brother was a police officer within a police force that was condemned by Sir William Macpherson, some years later in 1997, as being 'institutionally racist'. I think Bill (Cluny, now retired and living in Scotland, head of the Macpherson clan in those days) could have added 'homophobic' to his list of shortcomings in 1997!

As the Thais claim to do: seek to judge a person by the warmth of their heart! Now, whether or not the Thais do so on every occasion, it is, nevertheless, how I seek to judge people that I encounter.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (August 17th, 2018), Smiles (August 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post

As the Thais claim to do: seek to judge a person by the warmth of their heart! Now, whether or not the Thais do so on every occasion, it is, nevertheless, how I seek to judge people that I encounter.
    Oh puh-leez. You're BS-ing the wrong crowd here. We all know you judge them by the warmth of their hearts AND the hardness of their dicks.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Maxwell (September 4th, 2018), mr giggles (August 18th, 2018), poshglasgow (August 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Oh come on, at least be honest with yourself! We all know you judge them by the warmth of their hearts AND the hardness of their dicks.
    And them us by our girth .....of our wallets !

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 17th, 2018), mr giggles (August 18th, 2018), poshglasgow (August 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    And them us by our girth .....of our wallets !
    Sigh...such cynicism. Don't you believe in true love?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, A flower grows, I believe that somewhere in the darkest night. A candle glows, I believe for everyone that goes astray, Someone will come to show the way, I believe, I believe.......oh no wait, that's a song !!!!

There now, does that answer your question about me and cynicism perhaps ! :-)

9. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (August 17th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I believe for every drop of rain that falls, A flower grows, I believe that somewhere in the darkest night. A candle glows, I believe for everyone that goes astray, Someone will come to show the way, I believe, I believe.......oh no wait, that's a song !!!!

There now, does that answer your question about me and cynicism perhaps ! :-)
    Another couple of posters who don't understand the difference between cynicism (ie. exploiting another's weakness) and scepticism (ie. the suspension of naive belief)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Another couple of posters who don't understand the difference between cynicism (ie. exploiting another's weakness) and scepticism (ie. the suspension of naive belief)
    Bullshit....I know EXACTLY what I meant when it comes to my view of "love" - you shouldn't be so quick to try and put words in other peoples mouths. PS nobody loves a smart arse who always THINKS they know better than everyone else.....

Oxford english dictionary :cynicism, NOUN, : An inclination to believe that people are motivated purely by self-interest; scepticism

Oxford english dictionary : NOUN : A sceptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something.

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 21st, 2018)

Liked

No,

the difference between true love and herpes,
    is that only one lasts for ever.

14. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (August 18th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    No,

the difference between true love and herpes,
    is that only one lasts for ever.
    A cynic - someone who, knowing he has herpes, has sex with someone else without warning them of the risks - because he can