Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where Cupidol bar

Liked

Re: Where Cupidol bar

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Maggie, for the purposes of this discussion, is The Rt. Hon. Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister (1979 -1990). Yes, indeed, Maggie Thatcher could well have had much in common with HRH Princess Margaret: a lady of great Mustique!! Ask Roddy!!
    Just an American chimming in, but I thought she was the Baroness Thatcher on retirement.

Banned
    Liked

HRH Princess Margaret: a lady of great Mustique!! Ask Roddy!!
    My favourite comment about Roddy Llewellyn, aspiring pop singer - "The only man who's been kissed by a princess and still sounds like a frog"

3. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (August 17th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Am I right in thinking that Maggie was quite at home - as was the late Queen Mother - with gay guys in her inner sanctum?
    You may be right; however the gay Tory MP of the time, Matthew Parris, is on record as saying that her response when he told her he was gay was "You must be brave to have told me". I'm not sure there's much evidence for gays in Thatcher's inner sanctum. I'm aware of one (not a politician) but he was married and possibly therefore in the closet. The Queen Mother was great friends with Noel Coward but after all they were almost related, both having had sex with brothers in the royal family (Noel Coward was reputedly the lover of the bisexual Duke of Kent, George VI's younger brother)

5. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maggie, for the purposes of this discussion, is The Rt. Hon. Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister (1979 -1990).
    Oh yeah we studied her in IR under classical liberalism (or was it realism - can't remember now). She was one of the few people who was allowed to call our late former prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew, with whom she was very close, by his Cambridge name, Harry.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Just an American chimming in, but I thought she was the Baroness Thatcher on retirement.
    Indeed, quite right. It was in 1992 that she became Baroness Thatcher.

Liked

Good old Princess Margaret - she smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, and shagged like a rabbit. No wonder she died 25 years early.

If she'd had a cock (of her own) she'd have made a fine Pattaya ex-pat.

10. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (August 25th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

:-) If there ever has to be an example of a topic going entirely off thread this surely has to be a good one......

Liked

Indeed - Francois would be choking on his meat loaf if he were able to get any these days.

However, it has to be said that as far as the original topic is concerned there are only so many times you can tell someone where something is!!

Unless is the Tarntawan hotel of course - in which case you can bang on about the tiniest detail ad infinitum and ad nauseam

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (August 17th, 2018), sglad (August 18th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Unless is the Tarntawan hotel of course - in which case you can bang on about the tiniest detail ad infinitum and ad nauseam
    Speaking of which.......it's been quite a while since we had anymore news on that.......any recent updates anyone ?? ( he he well YOU brought it up SG so dont blame ME :-)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Indeed - Francois would be choking on his meat loaf if he were able to get any these days.
    He’s now recommending people don’t ask questions here but post in other Boards - see the recent thread from the black guy