Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New ban- standing on rear step of Baht-Buses/SongTaews in Pattaya. Anyone noticed?

Liked

New ban- standing on rear step of Baht-Buses/SongTaews in Pattaya. Anyone noticed?

Have noted a couple Pattaya Bloggers bringing attention to a new rule that now forbids standing on the rear step of Pattaya baht buses and can incur a Bt3,000 fine for violation. Apparently new rule made about a month ago and according to said bloggers Pattaya Police have already started fining baht-bus passengers breaking this new rule. Anyone 'on the ground' in Pattaya noticed any change in over-loaded baht-buses or have seen police action? or even come across baht bus drivers cautioning passengers about this new rule?

I use baht-buses quite a bit during a Pattaya visit between Jomtien-South Pattaya and along 2nd/Beach Rd/ Soi Bawkau, so just interested to know if there's any truth behind it, or if it's yet another 'rule' to be ignored.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: New ban- standing on rear step of Baht-Buses/SongTaews in Pattaya. Anyone noticed?

New rule yes!.......Like many other rules...meaningless....nothing has changed.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (August 12th, 2018)

Liked

Re: New ban- standing on rear step of Baht-Buses/SongTaews in Pattaya. Anyone noticed?

Agree with MFAS, no change. I did once see a Baht Bus driver ask passengers not to stand on the rear step, and that was over a year ago.

Liked

Perhaps it's just another source of income to tide certain people over during low season.

I imagine only tourists would be targeted, as how many locals could pay a fine of 3000 baht?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Great idea for a new rule/law.
    Although I liked standing I didn't like the idea of a rear-end collision happening.

Liked

The easy solution is to bolt a weighing scale to the platform - Pattaya expat queens will instantly avoid standing there under any circumstances

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or ( on a serious note) if they REALLY want to stop the practice just insist / make a law / introduce a fine for the DRIVER of any bus who doesn't simply weld a small length of metal across the current gap where we stand and / or just cut away the actual step metalwork, thus forcing it closed hence automatically stopping anyone being ABLE to stand there in the first place - simples!

Liked

My suggestion was more fun

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Pattaya expat queens will instantly avoid standing there under any circumstances
    ? have you SEEN some of them !?? I really doubt they'd care as if putting on a clean shirt without egg stains down the front and shorts that look like they were last washed about a month ago I doubt scales telling them exactly what everyone else can already see would make much difference to them.

Liked

I've got some news for you, Nirish. Those yellowing egg stains are not what they seem!

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 13th, 2018), Dalewood (September 15th, 2018), Nirish guy (August 13th, 2018)