List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

This is perhaps one reason why airbnb is not popular, it's lack of transparent information regarding who's staying there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Whilst I’m fully aware of passport photocopy being taken and kept on file etc for the BIB to check later if they wish surely though IF that same information IS updated and passed live ( or with 24 hours) to the BIB or immigration then why are there overstayers still residing in Thai hotels ?

Surely if their system was THAT tight it would Simply be a matter of the BIB attending forthwith to arrest all and any overstayers at the point check in or shortly after as they would be fully aware of their exact residences at all times ?

Or surely then the BIB could blacklist an overstayers passport the minute their visa expired and so require a hotel to call them if said guest had checked in with them - either instantly or behind the guests back ?
    We are talking here about short time visa holders.
    But there are those with long term visa, who have not had problems,yet.
    But sooner or later it will catch up to them.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

' oldgit seems to be unaware that if you change hotels, your passport details are forwarded by your new hotel to immigration,and probably BIB within 24 hours '

Refer back to my first post - unless you've really upset someone, or mouthed off about your exploits, the BIB are very unlikely to go digging - they like easy targets..

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Whilst I’m fully aware of passport photocopy being taken and kept on file etc for the BIB to check later if they wish surely though IF that same information IS updated and passed live ( or with 24 hours) to the BIB or immigration then why are there overstayers still residing in Thai hotels ?

Surely if their system was THAT tight it would Simply be a matter of the BIB attending forthwith to arrest all and any overstayers at the point check in or shortly after as they would be fully aware of their exact residences at all times ?

Or surely then the BIB could blacklist an overstayers passport the minute their visa expired and so require a hotel to call them if said guest had checked in with them - either instantly or behind the guests back ?
    TIT

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    We are talking here about short time visa holders.
    But there are those with long term visa, who have not had problems,yet.
    But sooner or later it will catch up to them.
    We weren't really talking of any particular group - whether short term or long term overstayers surely the same issues would apply and considering you're required to show your passport for even buying a new SIM card for your mobile phone now one would assume that that point of that is tracking your activity / location etc ( and if they deicded something on your phone wasn't right one would assume then that they would also have your hotel details to come and arrest you quite quickly.

Now that I think of it their system COULDN'T be THAT live as when in Phuket the other week I purchased a new SIm card and by accident had brought a photocopy of an old and out of date passport with me, which the girl in the shop accepted without realising or questioning ( I was aware of it and thought I'd say nothing to see what happened) - bottom line it went through and I was issued with a working SIM, so one would assume that THAT system isn't quite as live as we're lead to believe perhaps either - or MAYBE they're just happy enough having my ID to peg it to, whether that be out of date or not, I dont know.

Actually as oppoosed to all of us guessing and wondering - maybe someone in Country could quietly ask their next friendly hotel manager and see what THEY think happens to the info they provide ( and askIS that live or one a daily basis via some online portal or whatever ? ha but all without asking TOO much or YOU might fiind yourself getting a visit from said BIB asking why you're asking !

Liked

Yes, the hotel operators have certain reporting requirements, and they can be fined for failing to comply, but the fact that the BIB never seem to pick up on people overstaying their visas until they leave the country or get into trouble tells us that all this data is not being dutifully logged and cross-checked.

7. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 10th, 2018)

Liked

' you're required to show your passport for even buying a new SIM card for your mobile phone '

That was due specifically to combat the Islamic terrorist threat and their use of mobile phones to detonate bombs. Unfortunately at the last count they had switched to using Malaysian SIMs - which was, perhaps, just too predictable..

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Yes, the hotel operators have certain reporting requirements, and they can be fined for failing to comply, but the fact that the BIB never seem to pick up on people overstaying their visas until they leave the country or get into trouble tells us that all this data is not being dutifully logged and cross-checked.
    Sorry you forget those with short or long term visa that have to be renewed
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

' Sorry you forget those with short or long term visa that have to be renewed '

There's plenty that don't and live below the radar..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    ' you're required to show your passport for even buying a new SIM card for your mobile phone '

That was due specifically to combat the Islamic terrorist threat and their use of mobile phones to detonate bombs. Unfortunately at the last count they had switched to using Malaysian SIMs - which was, perhaps, just too predictable..

And considering I used a VERY old, wrinkled, scrappy photocopy of an out of date passport, presented to a 16 year old girl behind the counter, who had I'm sure NO idea whether the pic on the passport was me or not as lets face it we proabably all look the same to them half times - it just shows how daft / useless their new anti Islamic terrorist deterrent system that she had to punch my details into on her machine ACTUALLY is then eh.......why am I not surprised.