List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ......had to give the impression they had never been with a Westerner
    ha ha I know many Thai guys who've worked the bars for years and on encountering a "newbie" happily roll out their tried and tested story ( as backed up by the manasan) of "I just work bar one week already, I not like it here in Pattaya, I shy, I think maybe I just go home to Issan again maybe, but..... I like you, I don't know why, I think you have good heart and you take care me, so maybe I go with you one time to try, if I go with you WILL you take care me?"

Ha, so maybe our Thai's and Japanese friends aren't that different in that regard at both being damned good actors when it suits them - mind you I'm a dab hand at " Ohhhh I very rich, if I have good time with you ohhhhhh I tip you SOOOO well" ........and after wards .....so, here's your 500 baht, thanks! lol ( ok I'm joking I wouldn't "really' (get away with) do that.

2. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (August 14th, 2018)

Liked

Real newbies to the bar scene are characterised by saying virtually nothing - either because they have never learned much English or because they have never practised their English with a real farang - let alone in the noise of a bar. In addition, they are almost always shy and a bit nervous

Another big giveaway is that the genuine newbie usually has an old lag assigned to look after them and help with the talking/negotiation with the customers..

4. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 10th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh MAYBE ,......they just want us to THINK that ! :-)

Thailand.....the Country where nothing is quite what it seems at first ! lol

6. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (August 10th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Two things:
    Should a boy lie about his age and you get caught out by a fake or borrowed ID, the chances are that his only motive was to get the regular money for having sex with you, so don't panic too much. However, in case he then gabs and someone else scents a payoff, you'd be well advised to check out of your hotel and relocate to another area as soon as you find out. Moreover, don't confide in anyone - either Thai or farang - and don't under any circumstances joke or brag about it.
    oldgit seems to be unaware that if you change hotels, your passport details are forwarded by your new hotel to immigration,and probably BIB within 24 hours
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

8. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (August 10th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

But ARE they ?? I was aways under the (perhaps false) assumption that the requirement was that the hotel was required to get and keep the details of all guests on file - for checking by the authorities if they ever decided they needed too. Surely every hotel in Thailand doesn't report the movements and lodging of every guest, EVERY day, that would be a mammoth under taking for any Country and I doubt Thailand would be capable / interested in even having that information - updated on a DAILY basis - am I wrong ??

10. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

No. All details are legally to be forwarded to the police within 24 hours regardless of anything. This is a fact and has been for a few years.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Your passport details are copied when you register. Reception sends that to immigration
    If you change hotels which I did recently, on arrival their reception does the same.
    When you apply to lengthen your visa,you need a photocopy of receptions advice

I noticed the official notices in the foyer but did not think it impacted me.
    It has been suggested this tightening will lead to problems leaving the country for those who think they are above the law.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked

Google TM30 Thailand. The extent to which it is enforced is hotly debated, in particular the responsibility of condominium managements for privately rented apartments

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst I’m fully aware of passport photocopy being taken and kept on file etc for the BIB to check later if they wish surely though IF that same information IS updated and passed live ( or with 24 hours) to the BIB or immigration then why are there overstayers still residing in Thai hotels ?

Surely if their system was THAT tight it would Simply be a matter of the BIB attending forthwith to arrest all and any overstayers at the point check in or shortly after as they would be fully aware of their exact residences at all times ?

Or surely then the BIB could blacklist an overstayers passport the minute their visa expired and so require a hotel to call them if said guest had checked in with them - either instantly or behind the guests back ?

Liked

I know each hotel, recently exteded to any property owner, renting space to non-Thais must forward registration material. However, every restaurant that takes your card for payment forwards it on to the card provider. The new systems are online and the bill shows up in your account quickly. I suspect that Thai immigration is where credit cards were 15 to 20 years ago , hotels and property owners sent the info in and someone has to enter it into the data bases. I have no idea of the lag but with the mass of tourists every day I would say they are never current.