List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

Liked

Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

I was in Pattaya in November 2016 and had a great time with the locals on Grindr and at the local bars, etc. I have heard that lots of underage guys work in the gogo bars in Patraya. How can I avoid them and make sure my tricks are not underage? I don't understand the Thai year number so that is one of my problems. Is there a way to prevent hooking up with someone under 18? I saw lots of very young looking dancers at a bar in boystown so I am assuming that it goes on. Any helpful info?

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and underage guys?

I think it won’t be a problem. They just look young due to their beautiful Asian genes. They’re all of age. The have to carry their IDs on them, the police can come check the bar anytime and the owner faces arrest if minors are there. AND any hotel you take them to will collect and check their ID upon you brining them in.

I’d say it will only be an issue if you’re using the apps and taking someone back to a condo/ apartment without security, like through AirBnB

Liked

Thank you for the reassurance. The hotel checked the ID of a boy I took to my room, but in retrospect I thought he looked a little young so I wanted to be sure. I did not see any obvious young guys on grindr but looks can be deceiving.

Liked

I am always very carefull in every country about this. I tend to stay in Gay or gay oriented places and I ask the person taking the ID at the desk to check so it is clear. Last trip I brought someone back to Ambience who ID showed that was 18 in the current year but did not give a month. What this ID was I do not know, but I brought him back to the bar and the manager gave him hell from not having his proper ID with him. Honestly, if you are unsure of the IDs you are more at risk with the apps.

Liked

Is the age of concent in Thailand 18 for tourists but 16 for locals?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I look at their ID before I leave the bar for several reasons:

1. To make sure he actually has ID! Some don't and show you silly things like Gym membership cards!
    2. To make sure, as much as I can, that it is HIS ID. You can only go by the pic, so not easy.
    3. To check his age. The new, genuine, Thai ID has the age in our calendar years as well as Thai years. If its only in Thai (unlikely nowadays) then just do the sums. 2018 is 2561. So your guy needs to be born before 2543. Simple.

If you cannot read the month then make sure he is 19!

The minimum age is 18, BUT the Thais count the first year of their lives as 1, so sometimes a person may say he is 20, but in our terms he is only 19...how this works legally I have no idea.

If in doubt stick to19 yo's

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 13th, 2018), paborn (August 10th, 2018), TaoR (August 10th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by CambodiaVisitor View Post
    Is the age of concent in Thailand 18 for tourists but 16 for locals?
    15 for Thai locals and 18 where prostitution is involved irrespective of whether the customer is Thai or not

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    15 for Thai locals and 18 where prostitution is involved irrespective of whether the customer is Thai or not
    How can that be ? Prostitution is illegal in Thailand so how can there be a “legal” age limit? Agreed it is normally taken as 18.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    How can that be ? Prostitution is illegal in Thailand so how can there be a “legal” age limit? Agreed it is normally taken as 18.
    Do try not to display your complete ignorance of Thailand gerefan2. This law is well known. As I recall Utopia Asia displays a warning about this on their Thailand page. See the Thailand section of this Wikipedia entry for details of the specific legislation https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Firstly, please tell me what you mean by saying "15 for Thai LOCALS". Not a farang and a local Thai person? How can that be?

Secondly,where prostitution is concerned there are punishments for having sex with a prostitute under 18. We all know that. Nowhere does it give an "age of consent" for prostitution of 18. As I said you cannot have a legal age where an activity itself is illegal.

And finally, please explain why you have said "and 18 where prostitution is involved irrespective of WHETHER THE CUSTOMER IS THAI OR NOT?"

Why do you think Nationality comes into it?