List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I offed him last night, do I want to do so again tonight?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: I offed him last night, do I want to do so again tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post

Which is the world's longest place name and every Thai schoolkid is required to memorise it.
    No, they're not, at least not in the age of Google.

2. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just in case anyone is remotely interested I believe ( from an article I read online) that the below is as reasonable translation into English of the Thai words.....

krungthep mahanakorn
    (The great city of angels)

amorn rattanakosin mahintara yutthaya mahadilok phop
    (the supreme unconqueralble land of the great immortal divinity - Indra),

noparat rajathani burirom
    (the royal capital of nine noble gems, the pleasant city)

udomrajaniwes mahasatharn
    (with plenty of grand royal palaces)

amorn phimarn avatarnsathit
    (and divine paradises for the reincarnated deity - Vishnu)

sakkatattiya visanukam prasit
    (given by Indra and created by the god of crafting - Visnukarma).

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2018)

Liked

Oh dear NIrish - if your "new bar game" of reciting the full name of BKK catches on and displaces the wanking contests I fear you won't be popular

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    That's all very well and I don't disagree but it has nothing to do with my post, which put forward the proposition that >90% of gay sex tourists in Thailand (and who would fit the bill as being old gits) would not get a look in with anybody under 25 in their own country. Nothing to do with arranged marriages whatsoever
    Agreed that frequent's comments were irrelevant to your post. That article in The Spectator is a silly, anecdotal, "fun read" and nothing more. Pick up next month's issue of Cosmo and you'll find the exact same article, but written by a woman who claims that women are really looking for men with charm and charisma. Flip open last month's issue of Men's Health and you'll find a hot girl in a bikini with a bubble above her head saying, "I'm really looking for a tall, tanned guy with an eight-pack and buns of steel." It all depends on what they're selling: a conservative, Establishment-type newspaper like The Spectator not surprisingly might pander to rich men with big houses and even bigger bellies about their supposed desirability.

If it's true that women only look for men with big houses, then most women in Singapore would end up as spinsters as most Singaporeans (about 80% I think) live in public housing, including my family. What usually happens is that a couple would apply for a HDB flat when they get engaged and both parties would contribute to the downpayment and eventual 10-20+ year loan. Usually the loan would be paid out of their Central Provident Fund savings which is our national pension fund. Sure, rich and successful men can be attractive but not everyone is looking for that; moreover, most of the time the rich would seek their own kind. I'm sure I can find an article to "prove" that point if I wanted to.

The debate over romantic vs arranged unions often end up being uninstructive because proponents or opponents of either speak in absolute terms without capturing the wide and varied variables between the two. For example, it's not a guarantee that the parties in an arranged or "utilitarian"/practical marriage would eventually fall in love with each other. They may stay married for security reasons, children, etc but the more dependent party might become resentful of the situation after a while and in the extreme case result in the flying farang phenomenon often seen in Thailand.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Eddie (September 1st, 2018), Maxwell (September 4th, 2018), paborn (August 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Oh dear NIrish - if your "new bar game" of reciting the full name of BKK catches on and displaces the wanking contests I fear you won't be popular
    AHHH but what I didn't tell you was YES the winner gets his 100 baht, BUT what they didn't know is that all the other guys who lost all have to go back to my room hom for a FREE mass orgy ! - See, don't worry there's always a sleaze silver lining if one tries hard enough !

Liked

I commiserate with the OP. Fortunately, I'm very unlikely to get into such a situation. I only visit each bar once when I'm in Pattaya.

But I know the problem of not getting seen walking past with a boy in tow by boys I know who sit outside, and did some detours. Fortunately, the road network of Sunee Plaza allows to get to any place from at least two sides.

10. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 14th, 2018)