List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I offed him last night, do I want to do so again tonight?

Banned
    Liked

Re: I offed him last night, do I want to do so again tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Presumably you have resigned yourself to a life of solitude then - as, if you are indeed an Old Git (as most of us are), then nobody in your home country (and in full possession of their mental faculties) is going to touch you with a barge pole without a handsome financial incentive
    How little you understand human nature, scotty. To take arranged marriage as but one example, people hook up and later fall in love. Women in particular sometimes marry for the financial security it brings but love their husbands (I have a friend who is the total exemplar of that)

Banned
    Liked

By way of an example of my thesis I suggest the following link be read https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/08/...autiful-house/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    To take arranged marriage as but one example, people hook up and later fall in love. Women in particular sometimes marry for the financial security it brings but love their husbands (I have a friend who is the total exemplar of that)
    So true.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And in my view there’s not a thing wrong with that and in fact the more I read and see on TV about arranged marriages the more it seems to look like they’re not the worst idea perhaps.

That’s not to say that marrying by your own choice for “love” ( what ever that is) is not a good idea too but I actually quite like the apparent clear headed forward thinking style sense and logic behind an arranged marriage and the taking away of that short term emotional rush of endorphins that makes us fall in “love” in the first place apparently and replacing that with simple common sense and does appeal to my more practical side somewhat - and I guess if you can get both of those senses to kick in at the same time then you’re really half way there to having the whole marriage thing cracked !?

5. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (August 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    How little you understand human nature, scotty. To take arranged marriage as but one example, people hook up and later fall in love. Women in particular sometimes marry for the financial security it brings but love their husbands (I have a friend who is the total exemplar of that)
    That's all very well and I don't disagree but it has nothing to do with my post, which put forward the proposition that >90% of gay sex tourists in Thailand (and who would fit the bill as being old gits) would not get a look in with anybody under 25 in their own country. Nothing to do with arranged marriages whatsoever

7. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (August 12th, 2018)

Liked

' Sorry to trouble you. But, what is a "hi-so girl" and where the hell is Bangers? Next to mash? '

OK, 'hi-so' is a bit of local Thai slang meaning essentially 'a rich kid' - it also fits well as an abbreviation in English for 'high society'

'bangers' is the place correctly known as:

" Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit "

Which is the world's longest place name and every Thai schoolkid is required to memorise it.

- It's otherwise known as Bangkok..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    ' Which is the world's longest place name and every Thai schoolkid is required to memorise it..
    OHHHH I think I've just found my next fun game for use in a bar for a bit of fun when things get quiet - so, 100 baht for the first boy to call out the name AND get it 100% correct ! I'm guessing my money is safe for a while! Perhaps a someone in country would test this theory out when next in a bar and report back the results !?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    That's all very well and I don't disagree but it has nothing to do with my post, which put forward the proposition that >90% of gay sex tourists in Thailand (and who would fit the bill as being old gits) would not get a look in with anybody under 25 in their own country. Nothing to do with arranged marriages whatsoever
    Nonsense. Your post was ad hominem attack on a member you’ve never met and know nothing about. That’s the sort of behaviour that’s typical of the dregs of the forum - you know who I mean. You are better than that. My response pointed out that your attack bore no relationship to the reality of observable human behaviour

Liked

I didn't attack anybody - I merely opined that if anybody was genuinely an old git then, at home, their dance card wouldn't exactly be full

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    100 baht for the first boy to call out the name AND get it 100% correct !
    Just tried it with my BF and he got to Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok ehhhhhhh...... but as you say, it might make for an interesting bar game when I visit in 2 weeks!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2018), Nirish guy (August 12th, 2018)