Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good full American Bkfst Near Central

Banned
    Liked

Re: Good full American Bkfst Near Central

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Few people in USA will describe a frank as a sausage, arsenal.I believe they refer to it as a hot dog.
    I've never been sure whether a hot dog = frankfurter = saveloy. In theory many sausage-like meat products may be a healthy option for the eater, given the amount of offal they contain - brains for example (I'm excluding blood sausages such as salami from that observation)

Liked

I was merely explaining to you that what the dictionary gives as a words official meaning and how it is commonly used are not necessarily the same thing. Anything other than a course cylindrical tube made with pork and seasonings will require further information in the UK. For example Toulouse sausages from France or Creole Andouille sausage from America.

3. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    A hotel breakfast that includes most or all of the following.... sliced bacon... sliced bread....
    Having read the nitpicking fest which makes up almost this entire thread, I have to join in by saying that paborn has nailed it - I'm so fucking fed up getting an entire pig and an entire loaf on my breakfast plate that I'll opt for anywhere that serves them sliced.

Maybe even the Tarntawan (we don't hear enough about it)

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 5th, 2018), paborn (August 4th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Maybe even the Tarntawan (we don't hear enough about it)
    I immediately rushed to the Tarntawan Hotel web site to see how they describe their breakfast. It's described as "breakfast". Every time I've breakfasted there I've had Thai-style bacon - grilled to a crisp - as standard. I've not found anywhere in Bangkok that serves bacon that isn't grilled to a crisp I'm afraid. I do recall that marmalade was available with one's toast - but that was under the old management; perhaps a447 can give us an update on that score?

Liked

Yes, and we want to know the brand of marmalade being served - is it e.g. Robertson's, Chivers, Rose's, or Tesco Lotus own label.

I have to agree on the bacon - the only place in Thailand I got bacon worthy of the name was in Palmer's.

What is routinely served up tastes like strips of mechanically recovered pork interlaced with streaks of pure fat - "cooked" (or steeped in oil) to the consistency of a wet paper towel

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=frequent;246982 I do recall that marmalade was available with one's toast [/QUOTE]

Actually I'd of been quite happy with marmalade but shockingly ( across thailand) I've often been given everything from strawberry to damson and even plum jam to eat with my cooked breakfast - AND half times no butter even to go along with that until I've had to ask for it ! What is wrong with these people - pure philistines the lot of them !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I've not found anywhere in Bangkok that serves bacon that isn't grilled to a crisp I'm afraid.
    Time you got out of that dump and visited the real world ..of Pattaya

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Do the traveling public have to conform to these defined standards as well? I dont. Will I be denied boarding?
    ?????? Conform to whether the flight makes a stop or not - do you think your in a flipping taxi???????

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I've not found anywhere in Bangkok that serves bacon that isn't grilled to a crisp I'm afraid.
    well if we are going to drift off topic - London Pie in Ekami has some great English breakfast options with English back bacon cooked perfectly along with real English breakfast sausages, eggs any style, fried tomato, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, (sliced) bread and of course a mug of English Breakfast tea - breakfast is served all day as are bangers and mash and pies and many other English favorites - pork pie or Gammon, eggs and chips anyone? - and many products are also available to take home (frozen) and delivery is also available

London Pie Bangkok Menu

bkkguy

12. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (August 4th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For similar food as above in Chiang Mai, try the UN Irish Pub on the east side of the moat in the Old City. They're particularly famous for their breads and baguettes.

http://www.unirishpub.com/restaurant...wppa-photo=259