List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: A new travel option for UK members?

Banned
    Liked

Re: A new travel option for UK members?

Emirates “upgrade purchase” gives you priority boarding and a Business Class seat on the aircraft - nothing else. No lounge access, no extra baggage allowance, points at the class of original purchase if you’re a frequent flyer, no limo transfers (where otherwise offered)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Malaysian Airlines
    From your post, I presume they even got there without losing yet another aircraft, so a good result all round.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Fare economy £580. Upgrade on check in, about £370 EACH leg. So, correct NOT cheap at all! I only upgraded the Dubai to BKK leg and the return BKK to Dubai leg
    You're not kidding. That's about £1320. If the upgrade cost for the other legs was the same, that's £2060 to get a price for the whole trip.

Finn air do business class from £1723, although I recognize you might not want to start from Heathrow & my dates might be completely different to yours.
    [Excuse any minor errors, as I'm trying to do this with no calculator]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm guessing that Colmx falls into my category of traveller i.e when he reaches the counter and he's tired, or wanting to see a new plane or just wanting to "splurge" he simply says "fuck it" and goes ahead and books whatever it is he fancies without doing a forensic accounting exercise as to whether he should or not on the off chance that he can get it cheaper in some other way on another airline etc. My trouble is my brain ALWAYS works like that but alas my bank account doesn't always decide to work accordingly along with it ! :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

You're not kidding. That's about £1320. If the upgrade cost for the other legs was the same, that's £2060 to get a price for the whole trip.

]
    . Correct £2060 if you upgrade the whole trip. As I said in post #67 NOT cheap!

Banned
    Liked

There's always Thai Airways standby upgrade option - https://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pl...y_airport.page

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    From your post, I presume they even got there without losing yet another aircraft, so a good result all round.
    I did try to order a "pork special meal" on MH once; the request was rather frostily received by the rather cute young man in the London office

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    There's always Thai Airways standby upgrade option - https://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pl...y_airport.page
    London to Bangkok and return upgrade is a minimum of £1700, plus economy ticket say £600. No thanks.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    London to Bangkok and return upgrade is a minimum of £1700, plus economy ticket say £600. No thanks.
    I use Jetradar to search for tickets. If you're brave enough Egyptair is offering a full fare Business Class return in November for £1237, and direct you can get Eva for £2397, not much more than risking no upgrade on Thai as theirs are all standby at the airport. BA is £2669 but Thai is £2825 (for an inferior in-flight experience IMHO - although not quite as bad as "The World's Favourite Airline" which I haven't flown for several years now). If your origin is Bangkok, however, those Business Class prices fall to £1034 on Gulf Air but rise to £2854 on Eva. BA is £2584 and Thai is a whopping £3599

Liked

The discussion of Business Class fares is of little interest to the majority of SGT members who have no interest in downgrading from First

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 8th, 2018), colmx (August 9th, 2018), frequent (August 8th, 2018), gerefan2 (August 8th, 2018), paborn (August 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The discussion of Business Class fares is of little interest to the majority of SGT members who have no interest in downgrading from First
    IF Only,,,,,who has that amount of spare cash 5555