Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kinsey Scale Test

Liked

Re: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

I'm not sure how relevant a 1948 American sexuality test is to 2018 South East Asia.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I would choose the man or I would choose to be alone. Never, I swear to you the girl. Never.
    Haha. I have not subjected to myself to the test (to choose a man or a girl) for some while. But now thinking on my feet, I suppose I could have chosen a girl; perhaps with a right amount of alcohol. Not to say, at all, I am bi; I am not. LOL.

Liked

Members need to look at the choices offered before deciding, methinks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I'm not sure how relevant a 1948 American sexuality test is to 2018 South East Asia.
    It was, after all, a test of human sexuality. Does more research need to be done to validate possible cultural factors? I think yes, but those mitigating cultural factors would, most likely, affect the different facades a person shows to his world not the fact of sexuality. There is solid science behind the Kinsey institute work; one doesn't need to study an Asian Kidney to be able to diagnose a kidney stone - not a flawless analogy but think about it.

Liked

"Not a flawless analogy" is a serious understatement. One is solid medical condition and the other a self belief open to a multitude of iterpretations. I've sent you my (almost) infallible test to find out if a boy is gay or straight. It's very successful but keep it quiet.

Liked

I agree with your test as an opening gambit. We have heard so many posters complain about the boys who hang outside of Toy Boys - they, almost invariably, pass your test. Moreover, they perform the way they agree to. However, just assigning "gay" or "straight" is saying there are only two points on a scale from 0 to 6. ( there is a 7 for asexuality )

Moreover, I urge you to consider the concencus of scientific opinion ( quite beyond Kinsey ) that this "self-belief" is genetic and not a learned behaviour. I believe that your multiplicity of interpretations is merely a loose way to discribe the operators which actualize the Kinsey findings.

Are you aware of the shame that many biologists express privately that they are afraid to release their actual findings that homosexual behavior is rampant in the entire animal kingdom? If sexuality is genetic, as the current consencus shows, then my analogy holds as a medical condition is as "solid" as the, not yet discovered, code for homosexual bahavior.

Liked

I'm not saying there are only two points on the scale. I am saying that for the purposes of asking a bar boy only two are relevant to me. By the time I ask I already know the answer 98 percent of the time anyway.

And I'm not sure what the complaint is about the boys outside Toy Boys. Enlighten me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are you aware of the shame that many biologists express privately that they are afraid to release their actual findings that homosexual behavior is rampant in the entire animal kingdom? .
    My mate had a homosexual Labrador dog. It was 100% gay. Never went anywhere near a bitch.

I loved it.

Cue the Freak!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Perhaps you could forward your thoughts to Alfred Kinsey?
    Since in death in 1956 we have seldom chatted. However, the work goes on and I expect refinements as with any viable thoery.

Banned
    Liked

Since in death in 1956 we have seldom chatted. However, the work goes on and I expect refinements as with any viable thoery.
    I suspect that anyone with reservations about the scale can't distinguish between the scale and the data from which it is constructed and essentially doesn't really understand the difference between median and mode

11. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 2nd, 2018)