Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just back from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic

Liked

Re: Just back from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic

Pong, I'm not sure what sort of information you are trying to give. I have been to Santo Domingo over 120 times - I stopped counting a few years back. I was held up once - my own fault dead drunk after an art gallery opening. All I lost was some cash. Otherwise I have had no issues. Cuba is an option, not so easy for Americans as there are still many travel restrictions. Remember, however, while non commercial same sex relationships have been legal since 1979 - you will be paying. That makes it commercial, hotels do not accept cuban/tourist liasions. There is no wink and a nod. Some handsome, young tourists may report glowing sex - most readers of this board will not find it so easy.
    As to flights - I get to Thailand on a connection. Don't most people? In my youth I often went to Europe on cheap Icelandic air flights connecting in Rekyavik to Luxembourg city. I have never asked the swarms of Italian tourists how they get there - but they do. I'm not their travel agent. Yes, there is a beach oriented tourist zone in the North of teh Island. Your point escapes me?

Finally, yes I'm aware that many Dominican women end up in Europe. As to your question about why the men don't do the same I must say - who knows and who cares?Since hetero sex tourism is vastly larger than homo it might explain the differences. But, again, I miss the point.
    For me, and many others, this remains a lovely place to have a short vacation. Sex is readily available, the men are famously endowed, costs cheap., food good and hotels that give the "wink and nod" are plentiful.
    The only caution I give is simple. Domincan men are ( as a result of brutal Haitian invasions ) laregely mulatto. If your type is Chinese/Thai you may not find your type. If you like the Issan type you might be more happy. My tastes are more catholic and I've been happy and always able to find the more pure Spanish looking among the youth. I hasten to add that this is simple sexual taste and I accuse no one of racism by saying they have a preference. I find that argument a poor one indeed.

2. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 27th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks for the report. After reading that, my first question is what exactly do they do in bed ?

Are you dealing with nice sweet reliable professional hookers who are versatile & do as the customer requires ?
    Or macho top only types ? [I have little interest in the latter]

Do they tend to provide the agreed service at a good standard ? Or do as little as possible, then try to get more money out of you ?

Then, what is the going rate ?

Liked

Goji, "what they do inn bed" varies. I've had bottoms, I've had tops and everything in between. The hookers of Thailand are the most reliable in the world (IMHO) and, yet, we have reports of excuses once in the hotel room. I've not, as yet, had them try to get more than the agreed amount but I'm hesitent to define a "good standard" for someone else.
    Their rates. Frankly, about the same as Thailand. From 2,000 ahort time to 3,000 pesos Domincanos over night - about 1,000 to 2,000 Thai Bhat.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (July 28th, 2018), Jellybean (July 28th, 2018), llz (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    ...The only caution I give is simple. Domincan men are ( as a result of brutal Haitian invasions ) laregely mulatto. .
    Actually slavery was well established in the Dominican Republic before the Haitians got involved. Their first invasion ended slavery around 1804. The Spanish regained control and slavery was re-started. Another Haitian invasion in the 1820's ended slavery for good in all of Hispanola.

Liked

Slavery was well established but interracial marraige was not. If you doubt the ferocity of the Haitian invasions and the years of rape you need to read more Dominican history as I have done for decades. There is a reason that Haitians are uniformly hated in the DR. Hillary Clinton had ,as a small part of her platform, a reconciliation between Haiti and the DR, For that reason alone Trump was and is rather popular in the DR, as he opposed it.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Slavery was well established but interracial marraige was not. If you doubt the ferocity of the Haitian invasions and the years of rape you need to read more Dominican history as I have done for decades. There is a reason that Haitians are uniformly hated in the DR. Hillary Clinton had ,as a small part of her platform, a reconciliation between Haiti and the DR, For that reason alone Trump was and is rather popular in the DR, as he opposed it.
    Was it really “marriage”? I’m under the impression that the original interracial children were the offspring of slave owners exercising droit de seignior rather than marriage

Liked

Technically you are quite right. However, in the Dominican republic "common law " marraiges are extraordinarily frequent. I ws referring, in the main, to the really horrendous, almost demonic rule of the Haitians as opposed to the slow integration of populations. Ity is a history that shocks me and little does.