Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Helicobacter Pylori, might be worth knowing

Liked

Re: Helicobacter Pylori, might be worth knowing

Everyone will not HAVE to eat chicken. I've not eaten the bloody stuff or any other meat for well over 30 years.

A more enlightened trade policy would be to allow complete free trade on agriculture with the US and every other nation with reasonable safety standards.
    However, make it mandatory to label the country of origin of the product. Permit additional optional labeling such as "Made in the USA, no chlorine wash".
    Also, make public health websites available. The page covering chlorinated chicken could contain an explanation written by a European organization and another explanation written by US experts, so the consumer can make his mind up.

Food labelling really needs fixing. When in Lidl recently, I saw rice labeled as product of the UK. Well, I've never seen any rice paddies here, so imagine that's packaged in the UK. I don't eat the packaging and this really is not playing the game.

2. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Everybody in the UK will be eating The Donald's chlorinated chicken fairly soon, and since the chlorination inactivates helicobacter pylori it won't be a problem here at least.

But yes you certainly should beware of this organism but "being careful what you put in your mouth" is perhaps a step too far and could ruin your entire holiday!
    Indeed SG. I often worry about what secrets are revealed to my dentist when he ventures inside my mouth for a look around. I am hoping that my meticulous oral hygiene gives little away!

I remember that first special moment when, like all young boys, my first pubic hair appeared - eh, at the end of a pair of tweezers, having been extricated from between my two upper front teeth by the oral hygienist!

Helicobacter Pylori? One of the main culprits, so I'm told, is Coq Au Vin. However, I'm unlikely to catch it, as sex in the back of a transit has never really appealed!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Everyone will not HAVE to eat chicken. I've not eaten the bloody stuff or any other meat for well over 30 years.

A more enlightened trade policy would be to allow complete free trade on agriculture with the US and every other nation with reasonable safety standards.
    However, make it mandatory to label the country of origin of the product. Permit additional optional labeling such as "Made in the USA, no chlorine wash".
    Also, make public health websites available. The page covering chlorinated chicken could contain an explanation written by a European organization and another explanation written by US experts, so the consumer can make his mind up.

Food labelling really needs fixing. When in Lidl recently, I saw rice labeled as product of the UK. Well, I've never seen any rice paddies here, so imagine that's packaged in the UK. I don't eat the packaging and this really is not playing the game.
    Rice Paddies? I saw three of them from Dublin last week who were visiting my town on the English south coast. After twelve pints of Guinness in the local pub they slid into the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant next door, where they quickly became unconscious and fell into a... 'korma'.

The old ones are always the best.

5. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 24th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I remember that first special moment when, like all young boys, my first pubic hair appeared - eh, at the end of a pair of tweezers, having been extricated from between my two upper front teeth by the oral hygienist!
    Oh-oh, I hope Oliver2 isn't going to take offence at all this innuendo.

Liked

Flossing the teeth diligently will obviate the necessity to use a pair of tweezers in order to extricate incidental pubic hair from the mouth.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai View Post
    I spend the whole of June in Pattaya and was fine until two days before my departure. Then I developed severe stomach pains. On my return to the UK it got worse but tests for all the normal holiday tummy bugs were negative. Then a second doctor suggested testing for “Helicobacter Pylori”.

That was positive.

Helicobacter Pylori is a bacterial infection that causes inflammation of the stomach lining and stomach ulcers.

You can catch it from an infected person via saliva and other bodily fluids. However, the commonest way is via infected water or food.

Given the timing it’s almost certain I caught it in Thailand. I am careful what I eat or put in my mouth but one meal with a Thai friend does rather stand out and I suspect that.

I'm now on two antibiotics and another medicine to reduce stomach acid. I'm told I'll be fine in a week.
    The other condition which sounds similar is that old enemy of the gut: campylobacter. It too is grim and causes dreadful stomach cramps every few minutes with associated pebble-dashing of the inside of the lavatory for 5 - 7 days duration. Again, it is contracted through cross-contamination but is not often treated with antibiotics (unlike treatment for helicobacter pylori with necessitates the use of a very powerful but effective antibiotic).
    in 2015, the Food Standards Agency tested raw chicken for the presence of campylobacter. The result? 73% tested positive.

Interesting article in the 'Nation' at this link: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life...-30211419.html

Liked

If any USA import needs chlorinated, surely it's this !

DjEW8YHXcAACCPh.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    If any USA import needs chlorinated, surely it's this !

DjEW8YHXcAACCPh.jpg
    Does one eat the contents or play with them, I wonder?

Boneless Pork Rectums (inverted). How do you determine which way up a deatched recturm is?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Does one eat the contents or play with them, I wonder? Boneless Pork Rectums (inverted). How do you determine which way up a deatched recturm is?
    I suggest you alert the Moderators to the idea that this thread should now be combined with the thread on "Anal Massage"

Liked

I would suggest we have one clear example of a detached rectum on this very board.