Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Helicobacter Pylori, might be worth knowing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Helicobacter Pylori, might be worth knowing

I spend the whole of June in Pattaya and was fine until two days before my departure. Then I developed severe stomach pains. On my return to the UK it got worse but tests for all the normal holiday tummy bugs were negative. Then a second doctor suggested testing for “Helicobacter Pylori”.

That was positive.

Helicobacter Pylori is a bacterial infection that causes inflammation of the stomach lining and stomach ulcers.

You can catch it from an infected person via saliva and other bodily fluids. However, the commonest way is via infected water or food.

Given the timing it’s almost certain I caught it in Thailand. I am careful what I eat or put in my mouth but one meal with a Thai friend does rather stand out and I suspect that.

I'm now on two antibiotics and another medicine to reduce stomach acid. I'm told I'll be fine in a week.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 20th, 2018), joe552 (July 22nd, 2018), paborn (July 20th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 23rd, 2018)