Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thai + gay + Muslim

Banned
    Liked

Re: Thai + gay + Muslim

I assume it’s the same reason as most members - as a citizen of the First World you believe it your right to travel to Third World countries thousands of kilometres away to pay for sex with people at least young enough to be your son if not grandson. No?

Liked

Yes, though not a right. A privilege.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (July 30th, 2018), Oliver2 (July 30th, 2018), paborn (July 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am a sensitive soul, taking offence at cheap and vulgar attacks on me personally and on my chosen life-style. The truth about my "privilege" as Arsenal eloquently and succinctly describes it, is that it has been used to support (in more ways than I'm prepared to divulge) a very decent human being who otherwise would not be with us today. Of course, there are many who prefer to keep clear of LTRs- indeed I did until I met P- but who nevertheless treat their friends with kindness and respect and help them survive. And that frequently this support continues long after the sexual aspect has ended.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 30th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (July 30th, 2018), francois (July 30th, 2018), paborn (July 30th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I assume it’s the same reason as most members - as a citizen of the First World you believe it your right to travel to Third World countries thousands of kilometres away to pay for sex with people at least young enough to be your son if not grandson. No?
    No. Aresenal has it righ,t it is a priviledge. Also, a product of circumstances, in the days when there were hustler bars in NYC I traveled less. During my work years there was a very active "stroll" of hustlers in Toronto - a great joy and, odd thing Frequent, they were as white and first world as I am. I , also, fondly remember two English brothers who I first met in Amsterdam and then they, to my great joy, turned up in Earl's when I was working a project in London. You did notice that they are English? Right?

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 30th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I am a sensitive soul, taking offence at cheap and vulgar attacks on me personally and on my chosen life-style. The truth about my "privilege" as Arsenal eloquently and succinctly describes it, is that it has been used to support (in more ways than I'm prepared to divulge) a very decent human being who otherwise would not be with us today. Of course, there are many who prefer to keep clear of LTRs- indeed I did until I met P- but who nevertheless treat their friends with kindness and respect and help them survive. And that frequently this support continues long after the sexual aspect has ended.
    So right. But, let us not forget that many of the working guys have a choice as well. People turn to sex work for many reasons. I recall a discussion with a wonderful young man from Toy Boys in Pattaya who was thinking of going back to Chiang Rai and work, again, in a 7 Eleven. I asked if he could live on that salary and he said "yes" but the hours would be much longer and he would earn far less than he was making with his "customers" in Pattaya.

In our "first" world it is sad that many turn to sex work because they have come out as gay and are thrown out of their homes. That is slowly changing but the relationships forged between an older man and a younger man in need is not, necessarily, as one sided as Frequent supposes.

Now, Frequent, I hasten to add that you often display a fine education, you appear well read and well traveled but your moralizations on this topic can be quite tiresome. Travel, enjoy what you deserve based on earnings worked for and stop wrenching your own soul over this.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (July 30th, 2018), gerefan2 (July 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    The truth about my "privilege" ...is that it has been used to support (in more ways than I'm prepared to divulge) a very decent human being who otherwise would not be with us today. Of course, there are many who prefer to keep clear of LTRs- indeed I did until I met P- but who nevertheless treat their friends with kindness and respect and help them survive. And that frequently this support continues long after the sexual aspect has ended.
    I had to check the calendar after reading the above post to make sure it was 2018 and not 1878. It sounded like a speech by the local Resident extolling the virtues of noblesse oblige on behalf of the Empress. A Mother Teresa complex with a naughty twist: "We feed and fuck the natives - they who wouldn't have been able to fend for themselves without our kindness, generosity and semen. [One wonders how these heathens managed to survive for hundreds of years before we arrived.]

And if the helpless, little brown natives continue to serve us and do as their told (while we rob, rape and plunder their land), the generosity and semen will continue to flow."

It's amazing how the search for god, gold and glory hole continues to live on in 2018 Pattaya. God save the Queens!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Maxwell (September 4th, 2018), paborn (July 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post

And if the helpless, little brown natives continue to behave and do as their told (while we rob, rape and plunder their land), the generosity and semen will continue to flow.

ns!

WE, we, the people from Singapore?

Liked

Sglad wrote.
    "I had to check the calendar after reading the above post to make sure it was 2018 and not 1878. It sounded like a speech by the local Resident extolling the virtues of noblesse oblige on behalf of the Empress. A Mother Teresa complex with a naughty twist: "We feed and fuck the natives - they who wouldn't have been able to fend for themselves without our kindness, generosity and semen. [One wonders how these heathens managed to survive for hundreds of years before we arrived.]
    And if the helpless, little brown natives continue to serve us and do as their told (while we rob, rape and plunder their land), the generosity and semen will continue to flow."

Exactly. Now that we're no longer bound by the namby pamby nanny fanny dogood shmoogood liberal loony lefties of the European Court we can get our act together and rebuild the empire. See you all in Bombay for tiffin and a gin and tonic.

14. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 30th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Now, Frequent, I hasten to add that you often display a fine education, you appear well read and well traveled but your moralizations on this topic can be quite tiresome. Travel, enjoy what you deserve based on earnings worked for and stop wrenching your own soul over this.
    My soul? Heavens, I admit to having no such thing. However it's not moralisations, I'm merely discussing the White Man's Burden, noblesse oblige, our traditional values

Liked

If you quote the "white man's burden" you are agruing the mirror image of your usual moral stance. Are you, perhaps, being ironic?