Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Areas of Manila

Liked

Re: Gay Areas of Manila

One peculiar trait of the staunchly Catholic Filipinos is the male circumcision. You can hardly find a male with foreskin intact.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    One peculiar trait of the staunchly Catholic Filipinos is the male circumcision. You can hardly find a male with foreskin intact.
    You're right about that - and worse still hardly able to find one that hasn't been butchered ! It's so prevalent that it's hardly even considered a medical thing and in fact can be carried out by the school 'nurse" ( who is usually nothing more than a carer / first aider type level person anyway). Having looked at some of their handiwork I think on a good day you could do a better job with a serrated knife !!

My bf's mum was actually the "school nurse' in his Primary School and so "took care" of both himself and all his class mates ! Lets just say any time I go into their house and she perhaps offers me a slice of cake with my tea I quietly cringe and panic until she puts the knife down !

He and I have actually discussed it a few times where I was saying "why the hell would you let someone do that to you" to which he told me a) it was my mum, what are ya gonna do!" and b) apparently the peer pressure from the other boys in the class was huge.

Him being a wee quiet gay boy ( and the nurses son) he was able to whinge and cry at home and so was able to get D day put off several times it seems but he finally had to relent as the bullying got too much as once the other guys in class knew he hadn't been "done" they went round calling him ( and anyone else who had put it off) "dirty" and telling the rest of the school he still wasn't cut. It's sad as personally I consider it almost a type of child abuse as there's absolutely no medical reason for it to take please ( no matter what any one says about hygiene etc) as that if course is simply a matter of PERSONAL hygenine like everything else in llfe.

Anyone comes near me with a rusty bread knife and an evil glint in their eye they're getting that knife straight through their left eye I can tell ya that !! ;-)

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 28th, 2021), dinagam (January 28th, 2021), goji (January 28th, 2021), TaoR (January 29th, 2021)

Liked

My few encounters with Filipinos in Thailand were below average. Full reports here:
    https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...filipinos.html
    https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...-overview.html

But nonetheless, I continue chatting with Filipinos (if they are cute; some contact me from the Philippines on online dating while I'm elsewhere in SEAsia), and one day will go to the Philippines for holiday.

Liked

Circumcision and other such horrors are forced upon people based on some beliefs, often related to religions. Also, religions are often forced upon people at home and in schools. All very damaging.

No one says very much, yet when countries start taking action against religions, there are all sorts of complaints.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Circumcision and other such horrors are forced upon people based on some beliefs, often related to religions. Also, religions are often forced upon people at home and in schools. All very damaging.

No one says very much, yet when countries start taking action against religions, there are all sorts of complaints.
    A typically ignorant comment about the development and role of religion in a society. Religion’s role is to buttress social norms. Prohibitions about eating pork or mandating male circumcision will have had their origin in the public health practices of the society where they began. Religion was called up to reinforce those practices.

It’s been recently discovered that being circumcised lowers the risk of HIV infection. Pork must be cooked very carefully as uncooked pig contains many harmful pathogens. The greatest risk for the next pandemic has long been recognised as the intensive farming of pigs alongside ducks in China.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    It’s been recently discovered that being circumcised lowers the risk of HIV infection.
    Please share the data.

The one study I saw on the matter was clearly bullshit, so I'm not buying it until I do see a credible study.

8. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 23rd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Please share the data.

The one study I saw on the matter was clearly bullshit, so I'm not buying it until I do see a credible study.
    https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/.../20070228mcpt2

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    A typically ignorant comment about the development and role of religion in a society. Religion’s role is to buttress social norms. Prohibitions about eating pork or mandating male circumcision will have had their origin in the public health practices of the society where they began. Religion was called up to reinforce those practices.
    They did well on this issue of Condoms too I recall. Or is that another ignorant comment?

11. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 29th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    They did well on this issue of Condoms too I recall. Or is that another ignorant comment?
    Yes. Until comparatively recently official government and social policy all over the world was “populate or perish”. Prohibition of birth control is the Roman Catholic response.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Please share the data.

Clearly you haven't been reading much lately. From The Lancet in 2019.

We identified 62 observational studies including 119 248 MSM. Circumcision was associated with 23% reduced odds of HIV infection among MSM overall
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...567-9/fulltext

14. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (January 30th, 2021)