Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Areas of Manila

Liked

Gay Areas of Manila

Hi all, I’ll be taking a short trip away from Pattaya to visit the Philippines and am needing some insights on gay areas of Manila. Other than the apps... any suggestions?

Liked

Re: Gay Areas of Manila

A friend of mine has been a few times over the last couple of years .

He described it as a dangerous place.

Stay alert.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    Hi all, I’ll be taking a short trip away from Pattaya to visit the Philippines and am needing some insights on gay areas of Manila. Other than the apps... any suggestions?
    Manila gay scene is small. Rent bars seem to be closing.

I would only stay 3 nights max in Manila.

I did like Manila though, found it interesting. But be careful of your safety.

Best thing to do is stay a few nights, then move on to one of the islands (Cebu, Palawan or Boracay) life is rampant.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Note that Boracay Island now off limits to tourists while the hotels owners try to devise some way to discharge effluent more than 10 metres from the shoreline.

As Neddy3 says, "Stay alert". It's the only country I've visited that has security guards everywhere and they are all carrying at least side arms, if not shotguns or automatic rifles. Shopping malls also have visitors pass through metal detectors and/or they are required to open hand bags/back packs for inspection.

Several years ago I did meet a couple of guys in Manila through GayRomeo and that worked well. Probably now everyone has switched to the popular apps.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Note that Boracay Island now off limits to tourists while the hotels owners try to devise some way to discharge effluent more than 10 metres from the shoreline.
    Holy shit

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (July 15th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 18th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

IF you have not been yet-the former gay area, smack wack in the centre has about all folded up. It has mostly moved to Cubao in Quezon, which sits around the crossing of 2 skytrain-lines, but there is not really a ''gay area'' center, its all spread out. The usual karaOK, massageshops, some bars. if gay tourism is the main object and you are OK with less as 5* HTLs, settle to stay there.
    Warnings about criminals are right for MNL and a little less for all of PH.
    Most of the last years reviews/advice tells to use the apps and well-known sites. use travelgayasia for best latest listings. There was/is maybe also a local pinoy such listings site.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Very briefly - of you are thinking of heading on out to the other places mentioned ( Cebu, Boracay etc) be careful there too as there are many Government "do not travel" advisories in place for these areas and there is a genuine danger of kidnap for ransom or murder by extremist groups there.

The Philippines is quite a dangerous place for white guys now if you don't know what's what and where you should and shouldn't be perhaps.

Liked

[SAVEDMAP][/SAVEDMAP]Guys- just an update that Manila is AMAZING for westerners looking for action. Wow!!! It’s all through the apps as there are no major gay areas or gogo bars. But there are hundreds of cute Filipino boys wanting sex. It’s not commercial at all... they’re just a vey horny race and they all want to hookup with a westerner. Not sure if it’s the same if ur as old as some of our thailand gang here in the forum... but I can honestly say I was turned down by 3 of the cutest Filipinos ever that wanted an “older man”

Love the look of this people... it’s a mix of Chinese, Spanish, and American influence. I find them very attractive.

Yes there are a lot of security folks around, but I found the place to be extremely safe, good ‘law and order’ feeling, etc.

I will be going back!!!

10. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (July 6th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=DrewSpz;248206][SAVEDMAP][/SAVEDMAP] but I can honestly say I was turned down by 3 of the cutest Filipinos ever that wanted an “older man”/QUOTE]

Is tha not the exact opposite of the desired result ??

Liked

Haha nah it’s okay. I got my share of Filipinos and then some... just saying that even though there’s no commercial scene, plenty of opportunity for the older travelers.