List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A bridge too far at the Tarntawan !

Liked

Re: A bridge too far at the Tarntawan !

God call on moving the post Jellybean although Loki (anyone heard of him) will be disappointed as he was looking for some good membership lovin'.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    God call on moving the post Jellybean although Loki (anyone heard of him) will be disappointed as he was looking for some good membership lovin'.
    Arsenal, you must have been rattled...as it's highly unusual for you to misspell the word "good".
    "God" had nothing to do with this.
    Secondly, to attribute my motivation as a quest for "some good membership lovin' " brings me down to your level...and that, I can't abide.
    The post would have still happened, even if we were the only two remaining members of SGT.
    The moving of the post doesn't disappoint me at all...just another day here at SGT.
    Carry on old chap.
    Moses’ ass puckers when he sees this. https://whois.icann.org/en

3. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 15th, 2018)

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So, getting back to the actual thread then ....... so I'm pleased to report that as already suggested by others basically there's damn all has changed of any significance at the tarntawan .

There were a few more families at breakfast this morning but the manager who I mentioned that too put it down to a holiday weekend more than any shift in direction. Actually I met one of the directors who was at pains to ask me to pass on that aside from improvements that they've no wish or intention to change things much or loose their valuable existing client base.

So after a great few evenings in Bkk that didn't disappoint on any level I'll certainly be quite happily booking my usual room there for any return trips.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (July 15th, 2018), Loki (July 15th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My only complaint (and I've visited three times since the change of ownership) is the loss of some popular members of staff. Three of them I've known for nearly two decades. And they were very upset about leaving. Staff numbers seem to be much reduced. Otherwise it is as Nirish guy says.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (July 15th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree with you Oliver re the staff and I had that very conversation with the manager and he too shares that view. For instance the young(ish) guard with the big muscles who normally guarded the lift and the id book who was a lovely guy is gone, the manager actually went back and asked him to come back and stay but he said no. I said "wow, the new owners must be bad for that eh" but just for a non commital response . But I guess it must simply be to do with terms and conitiins and pay etc otherwise why would such long serving staff leave.

Staying that both the remaining staff and the new staff all went extra lengths out of their way to welcome me (back) and it "felt" genuine so that was nice so I think there's still plenty going for the old girl yet for sure.

10. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (July 16th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One of them comes from the same area as my boyfriend and we've always enjoyed a particularly warm welcome from him. When we said goodbye, he was close to tears, telling us that he was going back to his home town.

Liked

The guy with the big muscles who worked the lift during the day was a great guy - always friendly and willing to chat.

He was not employed directly by the hotel; he worked for a security company.

I got the feeling he had enough and was very unhappy there after the change in ownership.

Liked

Hhmm...is this the guy you are talking about?
    I´ve known him for more than 10 years and he told me in Feburary that he will leave the Tarntawan because he coudn´t get any better job there.
    He was a most helpful and charming person and we did a lot of talking whenever I was there.

Sorry for the bad image.

20180222_115315.jpg
    Light travels faster than sound, that why some people appear bright - until you hear them speak.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    move the gideons bible to a suitable place
    Ask them to take the damn thing away.

15. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 29th, 2018)