Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thai Immigration Chiang Mai requiring proof of income

Liked

Re: Thai Immigration Chiang Mai requiring proof of income

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    ...One can get around the whole letter thing if they are willing to satisfy the Immigration dudes that you have enough cash in a Thai bank to cover the requirement...
    In that case the solution seems to be rather obvious - surely there aren't people living in Thailand solely on the basis of a monthly pension as Frequent suggests?

If so I hope it's not the UK State Pension as that would hardly even buy a daily wank from the +50yo massage boy in BT that people are talking about

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    In that case the solution seems to be rather obvious - surely there aren't people living in Thailand solely on the basis of a monthly pension as Frequent suggests?

If so I hope it's not the UK State Pension as that would hardly even buy a daily wank from the +50yo massage boy in BT that people are talking about
    How narrow your perspective scotty. One of my closest friends is on a very substantial pension from CalPERS. Private pensions far outweigh state ones

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    True but there are many people living from month to month on a pension, and they rely on the embassy affadavit
    you cannot have it both ways. see above 12
    Last edited by lonelywombat; July 12th, 2018 at 16:46.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    you cannot have it both ways. see above
    Subtracting value again I see lonelywombat

Banned
    Liked

The monthly income requirement is > 65,000 baht. The annual lump sum is 800,000 baht. Any fool (apart from lonelywombat) can work out that 65,000 baht is roughly 2,000 USD - substantially more than the state benefits of which scotty writes. Even a pension of twice that is only 4,000 USD or 130,000 baht a month. People have any number of reasons not to keep a lump sum in Thailand. I'm not sure (sorry, I am sure) why lonely wombat is incapable of seeing that, but there you are. Not everyone is a plutocrat like lonelywombat whose monthly pension is is around 10,000 USD a month

Liked

For long term visitors from the UK, the Thai Embassy in London offers a muliple-entry non-Immigrant Type-O visa. Valid for one year, you must leave the country every 90 days and the only financial requirement is 'a copy of the UK State Pension'.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    How narrow your perspective scotty. One of my closest friends is on a very substantial pension from CalPERS. Private pensions far outweigh state ones

Seriously, Frequent - that's twice in succession you have jumped on a comment I've made, both times getting it completely wrong.

I *clearly* stated I hoped people were not trying to live in Thailand on the basis of the "UK state pension" - which is the lowest of any developed country (OECD).

You then fly off the handle and berate me with an example of someone living it up on a private pension? Two completely different situations

If you don't get a grip you're going to turn into you-know-who - snapping at everything and everybody like a yappy flea-bitten old mutt with a bad case of piles.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (July 13th, 2018), lonelywombat (July 13th, 2018)

Liked

TIT.....Bob on Gaybutton.com has posted this...
    Geez, now it turns out that the poster that announced the policy change that started all the hoopla (227 posts on 16 forum pages so far on ThaiVisa) actually got his information from his visa agent and not from CM Immigration. And a few hours ago he finally posted again saying:
    "It wasn't even four hours when the girl at Assist Thai Visa called me back to tell that Thai Immigration had recinded their earlier requirement addition and now for U.S. citizens all that was needed was the notarized form from the Consulate. Works for me. Thank you Thai Immigration."

In other words (to steal a quote from Emily Latella of Saturday Night live): "Never mind!"

So TIT...what and when to believe.
    Hopefully this is true.

Thank you Bob...

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtop...p=88718#p88718
    Tj
    Tj

Liked

I hear that the 50yo massage 'boy' can no longer offer the aforementioned service, as he now has arthritis in both wrists. Water sports, however, remain on the menu of delights, provided that customers are not fazed by an often sudden, unscheduled and uncontrollable torrent! Customers are advised - so I hear - that when asked which side of the bed they would prefer, to reply, "The shallow side please."

Liked

I fail to see why one's income should be of any concern to the Thai authorities - it's not as if they're going to be doling benefits and free health care out to you should you become penniless - they'd just let you starve or die, or both (but they'd do it with a smile)

Basically an ex-pat farang is a one-way Income stream for Thailand - they should embrace that, rather than make it awkward to comply with pointless regulation
    It is for any country in the world, so why not Thailand. They allow you to stay a full year, not questions asked,, all they need for you is to show you have 65K monthly, 800K in a bank account or a combination of the two, hardly unreasonable.