Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay "marriage" in Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Gay "marriage" in Thailand

Here's the latest update - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/deta...ional/30349607

I wonder if this will mean a marriage visa rather than a retirement visa for some of our members

Liked

Re: Gay "marriage" in Thailand

Well, fuck... so looks like Mar 2016 - Nov 2018 was a bad time to be a non-retired gay expat in Thailand.

Liked

I'm not sure there's ever a good time to be leading the life you claimed you were.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Well, fuck... so looks like Mar 2016 - Nov 2018 was a bad time to be a non-retired gay expat in Thailand.
    How could it possibly benefit you? You're in a relationship with a Lao citizen not a Thai citizen, and besides are you not still married to someone else?

Liked

Well, after I went blind my old next door neighbor found out, and relayed that info to Kim somehow. He was calling me every 2 - 3 weeks just to say hi, and chat. I'm sure he would have married me for a bit of money, no problem. He was like that.

And I actually have the divorce papers printed and sitting here. Should really do that, because I probably have to marry Leo sometime in the future. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, as it's not like Thailand has access to Canada's marriage registry.

Banned
    Liked

Well, after I went blind my old next door neighbor found out, and relayed that info to Kim somehow. He was calling me every 2 - 3 weeks just to say hi, and chat. I'm sure he would have married me for a bit of money, no problem. He was like that.

And I actually have the divorce papers printed and sitting here. Should really do that, because I probably have to marry Leo sometime in the future. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, as it's not like Thailand has access to Canada's marriage registry.
    I think you'll find the Thai authorities are rather assiduous at sniffing out marriages of convenience; they have a long experience of foreigners attempting to live in Thailand by paying Thais to marry them. I also understand you have to make a declaration that you are not and never have been married elsewhere. If you say you have they require a copy of the divorce decree. Given your complete contempt for Thai law I doubt that has many terrors for you

Liked

Well, I'm not allowed in Thailand again until April 2023, so it hardly matters any more.

Banned
    Liked

Well, I'm not allowed in Thailand again until April 2023, so it hardly matters any more.
    How's the plan going to "prove" to the Canadian authorities that your current passport has no value by using it to attempt to cross the US border?

Liked

Excellent. The sawatdee 'Bullshit Indicator' has gone through a lot of batteries.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

This potentially interesting (to some) topic has now been matted (verb) and will go the way of every thread he gets involved in.